Global Events Project Manager
Posted Mar 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 114877
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. You're the type of person who has a passion for people and events planning. More so, should you enjoy dealing with people and be someone who knows what customer service really means, we would love to have that initial conversation with you.
What’s the role?
We are looking to hire a Global Events Project Manager to help us run the Bloomberg New Energy Finance ("BNEF") Global Summit. BNEF is a strategic research provider covering global commodity markets and the disruptive technologies driving the transition to a low-carbon economy. The BNEF Summit has been convening leaders in energy, industry, transport, technology, finance, and government since 2008, generating ideas, delivering insight, and making the connections that help them formulate successful strategies, capitalize on technological change, and shape a cleaner, more competitive future.
This role sits within our Global Events Team, but this individual will be working closely with the BNEF business leaders. The event is a 6 Summit global series that takes place across London, Munich, New York, San Francisco, New Delhi, and Shanghai.
We’ll trust you to:
- Travel domestic and internationally
- Work closely with each regional Event Production leads to identify, develop and propagate standard processes
- Global Sponsorship lead: Oversight (and management) of the global partners and sponsors for the BNEF Global Summit series, including but not limited to: - Running all production execution elements included on Partner letter of benefits (all communication between Partner, briefing documents, technical tests, roundtable creation, etc), post-event debriefing, follow-ups, and reporting. Lead internal coordination with Partner execution and BNEF team
- Speaker liaison and project manager for all confirmed speakers (internal and external) for the BNEF Summit Global Series. Active lead on the booking and scheduling of VIPs for selected Summits. Join and contribute to weekly speaker/agenda coordination calls, run the BNEF Summit website – updating the agenda, speakers & sponsors on a regular/as confirmed basis
- Production: Creation of Master slide deck for BNEF Summit events – working with the Summit anchor and production team to ensure proper event flow - Support and lead on the improvement of all event processes. Be a central part of the Summit team
- Demonstrates expertise in event production, vendor negotiation, event contract procedures, logistics, and audience management
- Provides event-level strategy guidance by using program strategy insights, standard processes, and tools
- Integrates event activity with other sales/marketing/ product team priorities to drive consistent brand messaging / integrity across campaign structure
- Ensures compliance to budget, expenses, and reconciliations on a per event basis
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 5 years of post-graduate experience event/experiential planning within a Global company environment, agency or media/news/financial organization including experience working with diverse cultures
- Track record of success in working in a fast-paced global organization
- High energy, problem solving, self-starter, results oriented, proactive individual with a high sense of urgency
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate ideas in a professional and articulate manner and can influence internal/external partners towards intended and successful results
- Moderate skill-level with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) Google Docs. Vimeo and Flickr a plus
- Ability to work independently & flexibly (travel and extended hours) under tight deadlines
- Actively addresses issues/conflicts by offering solutions and bringing up as needed
We'd love to see:
- Mandarin speaker
- An interest and understanding of the low carbon transition and/or related issues
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com