Global Head of Data Strategy - Commodities (including New Energy & Physical Assets) and Economics
Posted Nov 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 111631
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Bloomberg’s Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal and ultimately feeds and moves the financial markets.
We are looking for a global senior leader to lead our Macro Data department. With teams sitting across Princeton, New Jersey, London and throughout the APAC region, the Macro Data group is focused on Commodity and Economics datasets. As part of the senior Data leadership team, you will bring your expertise in deep data modeling, data governance and ETL to build and drive a strategy around the team’s current and future capability. Our goal is to provide new and innovative insights for our clients so that they are able to make better informed and quick decisions. You will do this by identifying business needs and gaps in our datasets through your grasp of the sophisticated data challenges and opportunities, and partnering with various collaborators, while leading a globally distributed team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Establish and implement a data strategy that aligns with and accelerates Bloomberg business objectives in the Commodities (including New Energy and Physical Assets) and Economics data space to support clients transition to a low carbon economy
- Collaborate closely with key partners and subject matter experts to develop aligned data models that are easily digested and consumed by all downstream processes and users
- In partnership across the organization, create and be responsible for policies, procedures, standard methodologies and frameworks to govern how the data is collected, stored, enriched, structured, and accessed
- Establish standard methodologies to ensure data is consistent and compatible throughout our product offerings and of high quality
- Build and manage relationships with Engineering and Technology teams to ensure the data architecture meets the needs of the organization
- Gain consensus and appropriate resource prioritization from senior management and other stakeholders to make decisions
- Partner with HR to recruit, retain and develop diverse talent within your organization
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 8-12 years experience leading teams and similar experience that has prepared you for this role, which includes:
- Experience creating data pipelines, improving data workflows, and building comprehensive data models for Commodities and Economic datasets
- Knowledge of data enrichment standard methodologies for datasets with rich and varying metadata fields
- Proven understanding of the techniques and methods of data governance, data analysis, data quality and data protection management practices
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on carrying out projects in a matrix organization and ability to build consensus across different stakeholder groups
- Past exposure and ability to define and build a new capability and team around that capability
- Consistent track record of aligning with and collaborating across multiple Engineering and Technology teams to design and deliver scalable data solutions
- Demonstrated ability to conduct user research and surface insights that lead to commercial outcomes
- Acute problem-solving and analytical skills (in particular, experience conducting product discovery by analyzing operational/ usage data and by interviewing users)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analysis or related STEM field; an advanced degree is highly preferred
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.