The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role:
You will ensure the successful mobilization of Bloomberg’s existing and new hire employees to and within Bloomberg’s EMEA offices via operational excellence, committment to client service and strategic partnership.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a Global Mobility subject matter expert and strategic partner for HR Business Partners, Shared Services (Global People Services), Recruiters and Business managers within the EMEA region
- Take responsibility for overseeing around 350+ local to local transfers and short term assignees (into/intra-EMEA) per annum
- Manage a team of three EMEA immigration professionals based in London
- Train all stakeholders on the Global Mobility framework, processes and tools to drive consistent level of service
- Oversee relocation, immigration and tax vendors locally to ensure consistent application and delivery of all services within EMEA
- Manage the financial aspects of global mobility including but not limited to preparing and reporting projected transfer costs, working with payroll on tax gross up calculations and partnering with HR Business Partners and Business Managers to advise on the compensation setting process for relocating employees
- Consulting with immigration advisors on complex employment immigration issues (including journalist work visas) and resolving/finding practical solutions with employees and HR/Business Managers
- Take care of all senior level strategic transfers to/within EMEA and relocations to jurisdictions with complex immigration processes
- Remain current with the latest thinking, trends and leading practices in the external market in relation to global mobility, immigration and expatriate taxation
- Auditing records of employee visa/work authorization status and maintaining/updating the EMEA HR employment immigration framework
You'll need to have / to be:
- 10+ years * experience managing the mobilization of a global workforce.
Preferred experience gained either in-house with a multinational corporations and/or as a consultant within a global tax accountancy firm
- Proven ability to manage a team
- Knowledge of expatriate compensation methodologies and experience with international supplier data
- Knowledge of EMEA expatriate/individual taxation (ideally demonstrate knowledge of expatriate/income tax for UK, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, etc. and/or specialist knowledge of one of more of these jurisdictions gained either in-house and/or a global accountancy firm)
- US expatriate tax and/or payroll experience a plus
- Familiar with EMEA employment immigration regulations and processes (UK, Germany, UAE, Switzerland, etc.)
- Ability work independently and as a member of a regional and global team
- Credible in establishing and build rapport with multiple stakeholders across different time zones
- Critical thinking, analytical mind set and ability to interpret data
- Capacity to influence and affect change in a professional manner
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing with other departments and all levels of employees
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and to make and communicate difficult decisions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in order to meet tight deadlines
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.