Global Resource Manager - Data
Posted May 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 103244
Bloomberg runs on data, and in Data we're responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs. Across the Broker and Company Disclosed data teams, we move markets by providing our clients with sought-after, reported-on, and broker-estimated financials that are normalized across companies, key analytical ratios, and industry-specific data points. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real-time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insight provided by Data’s Company Financials team. Our team of Analysts influence investment decisions and move the markets every day, and we are growing.
The Broker and Company Disclosed data teams are responsible for managing estimate consensus data and company actuals data for key performance indicators and critical financial metrics for a global universe of companies. This is done by aggregating, normalizing, and standardizing each measure contributed from sell-side broker analysts from various financial firms, such as Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, and Barclays, as well as reported by the company. As a result, the group uses technology to acquire and extract content across sources, ensuring complete and accurate data. Overall, this aggregated, cleansed, and normalized data fuels News generation, Enterprise Product creation, and Terminal functions like MODL
We are looking for a market savvy and results-oriented leader to drive the strategy for external resources, such as contract workers and vendors, to handle and develop the data product. Your role is key in ensuring consistency of standards and collaborating with Data Sourcing Office (DSO) to coordinate the global operations to ensure that service level agreements (SLA) for timeliness, quality, and coverage of the data product are consistently met. You will use business intelligence to aid in supervising and controlling these operations, as well as collaborating with the global Broker and Company Disclosed teams in finding opportunities to promote policies and standard methodologies. You will also be responsible for improving operations through technology, process re-engineering or applying alternative resource models, for example.
We’ll trust you to:
- Balance multiple contingent and contract operations globally alongside Data Sourcing Office (DSO)
- Evaluate and supervise the success of the Broker Disclosed operation in achieving its goals, metrics, and service level agreements
- Collaborate with global managers to ensure accurate prioritization of business planning initiatives
- Work with CFOs to handle budgets and communicate return on investment for identified projects
- Drive workforce planning initiatives to ensure the accurate resources and skills are in place to align with business needs
- Build and maintain resource models to handle current and future resource requirements
- Provide training and upskilling initiatives for the team alongside creating and maintaining governance documentation
- Demonstrate understanding of the client and their needs to drive priorities, define tiers of service, and create further business value from our datasets
- Actively conduct process analysis and process engineering across business lines to improve operations
- Establish a center of excellence for operational analysis, and strive for continuous improvement in our workflows
You’ll need to have:
- Prior experience in resource management; successfully leading vendors and/or contract workers
- Vision to align your team's goals to a sourcing strategy and the ability to implement a business and people strategy to support it
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven track record to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by data analysis
- Solid grasp of data management principals and technology
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
- Proficiency with business intelligence tools
- Willingness to learn technology for analyzing big data
We’d love to see:
- Strong understanding of the multifaceted impact of financial data
- Experience in managing vendor operations
- Familiarity with financial statements
- Familiarity with Upwork, Gigwork, Appen Platform and technologies
- Familiarity with ETL processes
- Basic SQL and Python
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org