Global Training Lead - Data
Posted Oct 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 110547
Bloomberg runs on data, and as part of the Data team, we're responsible for acquiring it, providing it to our clients and helping derive significant insights out of it. We collect, analyze, process, and publish the data, which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal and our enterprise products - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products, and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to clients.
Bloomberg Data is at the cutting edge of new domains and technologies, and the Data Training Team plays a pivotal role in providing our greatest asset, our employees, with the skills and knowledge they need to grow in their roles while helping the company achieve its strategic goals.
The Data Training Leader is a key contributor to the professional development offerings of Bloomberg Data. We are looking for an innovative, strategic and dynamic leader that can re-imagine the role that Training plays in preparing our Data organization for the future. Our organization is complex and it requires expertise across many domains. This leader will work across many groups, teams and regions to develop fit for purpose programs that will be largely impactful to how we introduce employees to our organization and continue to develop them as they progress in their careers. This is an opportunity for someone with a desire to boldly develop a comprehensive and pertinent training curriculum for the ever-evolving organization.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop a bold, creative and impactful catalog of various onboarding programs and trainings that align with the strategic goals of the Bloomberg Data team
- Build onboarding programming that is thoughtful and relevant to diverse experiences
- Embrace the nuance of the evolving data management industry to develop innovative training for our employees
- Be comfortable navigating the unknown and taking initiative to set and drive the strategy and vision for how we onboard and develop our organization through training
- Develop a deep network throughout Bloomberg Data and beyond the department to understand the specific needs of each team in order to create impactful curriculum
- Build and work within a strong network of training teams throughout Bloomberg
- Research and recommend new training methods, techniques and platforms fit for a global audience
- Lead a team of trainers and instructional designers
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrable experience building a business-specific training program that advances skills of the organization, and effectively integrates newly hired employees
- Familiarity with the latest data management tools and platforms
- 8+ years of leadership experience
- A team player mentality. You’ll need to be an excellent collaborator and able to share ownership of a product with peers across the organization
- Excellent communication skills including facilitating small to large groups.
- Strong attention to detail, project management, organizational and time management skills
- The ability to find creative solutions to the nuanced challenges that come with building new learning programs
- An ability to listen and help with stakeholder concerns and proactively problem solve
- Past experience working with entry level/early career candidates and/or employees either through campus interviews or mentorship of new hires
We’d love to see:
- Past experience building either technical or product specific trainings within the Technology and/or Financial industries
- Knowledge of and experience working with 3rd party vendors that provide supplemental trainings to create scalable learning solutions
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com