HR - Global People Services Representative
Posted Jun 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 104355
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It is what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other and collaboration is key to our success. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you could not do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Discretion is something which comes naturally to you, and you're able to find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You love dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
We are Global People Services (GPS), an integral vehicle of Human Resources delivering a first-class experience to the enterprise. GPS HR representatives are the vital consultants for employees and business leaders when they have any questions or concerns about HR-related programs, policies or procedures. The global team facilitates critical employee lifecycle transactions in a seamless way. From on-boarding new hires into the company, to coordinating global mobility and working closely with external vendors, our aim is simple: to provide a platinum level of support to our colleagues and businesses.
What’s the role?
You’ll be in charge of managing frontline HR processes as they pertain to employees across the EMEA region. You will provide consultation on topics that cover a full range of HR-related programs and be the first point of contact for employees reaching out to HR – managing inquiries ranging from benefits administration and tuition reimbursement policies to questions from managers about time off and general HR policies.
You will be required to act with discretion when handling sensitive information and be expected to balance inquiries coming in through our ticketing system, phone lines and providing in person consultation for our more complex, high-touch processes. You will be counted on to provide support to employees navigating the many events related to the employee lifecycle while maintaining an excellent level of customer support and collaborating with your HR colleagues in the centres of excellence. Additionally, you will be responsible for identifying trends in employee inquiries and working with our operations team to document changes and provide suggestions for process improvement. You’ll have the opportunity to build a network across the various HR teams and across the GPS team globally.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand and execute on Bloomberg’s end-to-end HR business processes
- Process transactions in our HR System (Workday) and maintain data quality
- Address the HR needs of employees and managers, balancing excellent customer service with adherence to processes and controls
- Develop in depth knowledge of our benefits policies/plans across different countries
- Draft binding employee documents whilst maintain excellent attention to detail
- Work collaboratively to improve efficiency and consistently execute all HR business processes
- Strengthen existing partnerships and build new ones with stakeholders within HR and from other departments
- Deal with high volume of requests while maintaining excellent quality and timeliness
- Perform ongoing analysis of internal processes and systems
- Recommend and implement procedural and policy amendments whenever relevant
You’ll need to have:
- 1-2 years* HR experience (ideally in a Shared Service environment)
- Experience working in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly professional manner, with the ability to interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organisation
- Experience transacting with Workday
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple work streams simultaneously
- Willingness to embrace new HR technologies and changing processes
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with tight and frequent deadlines
- Ability to navigate the "grey" areas by applying judgement and thinking creatively when responding to customer needs
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally and appropriately
- Proven ability to provide first-class customer service
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
* Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org