HR Business Partner - News (12 Month FTC)
Posted Sep 14, 2020 - Requisition No. 85013
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other and collaboration is crucial for our team's success. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and ensuring their success through measurement of individual performance is the key to our success. As part of our HR Business Partnering team, you will foster strong professional relationships with our business leaders to maximise the success of our employees. We are a creative and forward-thinking team working with the desire to achieve one goal: Driving business through our people.
Your friends all know you as the problem solver - the person they go to when they need advice. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. You love dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
Good judgement is something that comes naturally to you, and you are able to find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You get a buzz out of delivering a strategic service to your business leaders.
You will be part of a global and regional team that supports our News group; Bloomberg News is the go-to source for the very latest business news and market analytics. Our 2,700 journalists produce 5,000 stories a day from more than 120 countries. Expert analysts within Bloomberg Intelligence and BloombergNEF add further clarity to events and industry trends, publishing data-driven primary and industry research that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Own and deliver exciting strategic projects, everything from workforce-related efforts, change management, organisational design, implementation of new performance metrics and career development;
- Lead the delivery of all HR services to internal client groups and drive outstanding business performance;
- Partner closely with business leaders to drive the HR agenda, collaborate on critical talent decisions and achieve operational excellence for the business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand the vision, purpose and strategy of a business and how this aligns with HR strategies;
- Get results based on business goals and strategies, by defining and executing specific people-focused initiatives;
- Use data, metrics and internal/external trends to arrive at insights and structure HR projects and activities;
- Design and execute HR initiatives that make the organisation more effective, e.g., recruiting, retention strategies and employee development;
- Build credible relationships with key management, business personnel and peers globally by combining commercial and HR expertise to contribute to our success;
- Coach Managers in order to better run their business, develop their people and drive business results;
- Provide advice and challenge managers on how to effectively deal with change within the organisation, such as department reorganisations, and leadership changes, role restructuring;
- Collaborate with a variety of partners across HR and internal clients to achieve detailed execution of HR initiatives and annual process;
- Support clients in the execution of evaluation and compensation process;
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience operating in an HR Generalist/Human Resources Business Partnering role;
- Proven expertise and experience serving in a consultative capacity to senior business leaders, crafting organisational strategy, goals and alignment;
- Experience collaborating with various HR subject areas including compensation, recruiting, employee relations and talent management;
- Ability to execute firm-wide talent initiatives with excellence in a dynamic, global collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated expertise-building consensus on a cross-functional basis;
- Ability to use HR reporting & analytics in generating insights and presenting findings back to the business, as well as tracking and disseminating key HR data;
- Facilitation skills, including fostering creativity in solution design.
We’d love to see:
- Experience working across cultures and in a matrix environment.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.