The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other and collaboration is key to our success. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and ensuring their success through measurement of individual performance is the key to our success. As part of the HR Business Partner team, you will foster strong professional relationships with our business leaders to maximize the success of our employees. We are a creative and ambitious team working in a fast paced environment with the desire to achieve one goal: Success.
As a Human Resources Business Partner Team Leader you manage the EMEA team for one of our key business areas, based in London. You will use your HR background and expertise to proactively partner with the business and provide strategic support and advice for the EMEA region. You will partner with teams across the region to advocate for continuous organisational performance improvement. You will solve complex problems while being "hands on" on all other aspects of the role.
We’ll trust you to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the vision, purpose and strategy of the business and design and implement a relevant and commercial strategy. Build credibility by combining commercial and HR expertise to add value to the business
- Show a strong understanding of the talent landscape across the EMEA region
- Have a strong development oriented and coaching mindset to develop a team of diverse HR Business Partners. Engage and retain top talent within their own team and the broader HR function
- Design, develop and execute on talent management and succession planning with senior leaders ensuring a longer term view on leadership development (with a lense on Diversity and Inclusion)
- Design and deliver organisational development (including organisation design and workforce planning) and change management strategies that support our ambition to be a high performing organisation. Able to influence key stakeholders and challenge them appropriately
- Implement initiatives to foster a high performance culture, where continuous improvement and diversity is the norm
- Provide a detailed and compelling insight of the current organisation using a range of analytical tools and provocative HR analytics and diagnosis. Use this to understand performance improvement, barriers and potential solutions to improve organisational capability
- Partner with the Employee Relations team to handle complex employee relations issues including providing counselling and coaching to key stakeholders globally, regionally and locally
- Partner with the business on structure reorganisations, internal promotions and other strategic decisions
- Providing exceptional customer service by having a comprehensive understanding of profitability drives, external environment and the organisation (big picture, and business strategy) that will "tell the story" about Human resources at Bloomberg
- Influence the HR team across the region to ensure deliverables and strong partnership with teams across the HR team, particularly Recruitment, Employee Relations, Talent Development and HR Operations
You need to have:
- Substantial relationship management / business partner experience across EMEA
- Experience of leading teams and developing people through a strategic HR transformation/change
- Ability to manage a high volume of workload and have a flexible approach
- A pro-active, dynamic approach with the business, a sound commercial acumen, and proven track record operating as a HR Business Partner
- A track record in supporting large scale transformation programs as a subject matter expert in organisation design and change management
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills and a good team player
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be a strategic thinker and planner to the business and able to achieve operational excellence through optimizing daily operations
- Track record of converting data, research into measurable HR trends
- Proficiency in EMEA labour laws and the ability to mitigate risk on behalf of the organisation
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.