HR Business Partner- News & Media EMEA
Posted Apr 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 102500
You will be part of a global and regional team that supports our News group; Bloomberg News is the go-to source for the very latest business news and market analytics. Our 2,700 journalists produce 5,000 stories a day from more than 120 countries. Expert analysts within Bloomberg Intelligence and Bloomberg NEF add further clarity to events and industry trends, publishing data-driven primary and industry research that can’t be found anywhere else.
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and ensuring their success through measurement of individual performance is the key to our success. As part of our HR Business Partner team, you will foster strong relationships with our business to maximize the success of our employees in the organization. You will spearhead the design and delivery of people and organization development strategies in support of our strategic and operational plans. You will partner with teams across the region to advocate for continuous organizational performance improvement. You will solve complex problems while being "hands-on" on all other aspects of the role.
The HR Business Partner team influences the design and delivery of people and organizational development strategies in support of the News & Media division. We serve as frontline HR partners with global, cross-functional teams to ensure people are at the center of all business decisions and to advocate for continuous organizational performance improvement. We work to ensure our strategies and guidance fit the evolving needs, goals, and direction of the News & Media organization. We are trusted advisers in all areas of HR and are partners to our business in hiring, developing, and retaining the best talent. With trust from our business, our peers in HR, and leadership, we strive to be creative and innovative in how we support our employees.
In this role, you will be part of the team, within the News & Media division, with full responsibility supporting the senior leaders within this business for our EMEA region.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand the vision, purpose, and strategy of Bloomberg’s News & Media business and how it aligns with global HR strategies
- Create and implement innovative HR solutions for business-critical projects like workforce planning, succession planning, D&I initiatives, leadership and development programs, organizational design, and retention strategies
- Analyze internal/external trends and leverage robust HR data and metrics to provide insight and guidance to the News & Media organization
- Provide leaders with the coaching and tools necessary to accelerate their business relationships, develop their people, improve team results, and govern change across their organization
- Combine commercial and HR expertise to build credible relationships with global stakeholders across HR and News & Media
- Provide advice and challenge leaders on how to effectively manage change within the organization, such as department reorganizations, and leadership changes, role restructuring
You need to have:
- At least 7 years* of experience as a strategic Human Resources Business Partner, preferably in a large global organization in the news, editorial or media industries
- Demonstrated expertise serving in a consultative/advisory capacity to senior leaders, crafting organizational strategy, goals and alignment
- Hands-on experience executing and being accountable for the success of firm-wide talent initiatives in a dynamic, global collaborative environment; dedication to innovation and continuous improvement
- Experience leading diversity and inclusion work
- Proven experience leveraging HR data, reporting, and analytics to generate and present evolved insights that drive business-critical decisions, strategy, and improvements
- Experience collaborating with various HR disciplines including Compensation, Recruiting, Immigration, Employee Relations, Diversity & Inclusion, and Talent Development
- Demonstrated expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis
- Facilitation skills, including fostering creativity in solution design
- BA/BS degree
We’d Love to See:
- Experience (or education + aspiration) in career development and implementing career programs
- Certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise, including coaching
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.