Head of EMEA Fixed Income Index Product
Posted Sep 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 95913
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. Bloomberg Fixed Income indices have been the market leading index provider for over 40 years, and are used as the basis of investment products and for benchmarking portfolio performance. The Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg media enable the global investment community to interact with Bloomberg indices.
What’s the Role?
Bloomberg is looking to hire a Head of EMEA product management for its market leading fixed income index business. You'll be managing an established and highly motivated index product team that sits within our Core Financial Product division. You will focus on the governance, construction, support and commercialization of Fixed Income indices, product positioning, and helping drive the commercial success of the business. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining senior client relationships. You will work closely with Sales, Research, Production, Marketing, PR teams. You’ll help drive the integration of the Fixed income indices with Bloomberg terminal analytics that will create new opportunities across two market leading brands in the index industry.
Regarding domain expertise, it is required that you have at least 10 years experience working within the fixed income financial markets and with fixed income indices. Experience working at an index provider is preferred but not required. You’ll have knowledge of fixed income, across both analytics and asset classes, index construction, the index industry and the asset management industry.
You’ll be encouraged to set the course for our EMEA product vision, contribute extensively to the global vision, and then execute on that vision. You’ll be comfortable in working with large data sets and have a talent in extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You’ll also have great interpersonal skills. You’ll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver. This is a role with very high visibility within our organization and the investment community.
We’ll trust you to:
- Continue growing our leading position as a fixed income index provider in EMEA
- Be the primary senior relationship contact for our index product team in EMEA
- Support our index business across portfolio management, risk and attribution and product development teams
- Play a key role in the governance and evolution of the fixed income family
- Develop new ETF and customised benchmarks,
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the index product offering
- Communicate product vision and build consensus among senior leadership team
- Assess client needs and translate them into index-based solutions
You’ll need to have:
- Knowledge of fixed income data (e.g, asset classes, analytics and classifications), fixed income markets and the fixed income index industry
- Understanding of day-to-day governance determinations on index events
- Ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound product plans
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical capabilities working on bond and index analytics
- Understanding of investment process, portfolio theory, and financial markets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas
- 10+ years of index industry, or equivalent, experience
- experience in leading a team, setting priorities, and developing their careers
- A strong academic background in analytical/technical qualifications e.g., Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Statistics
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.