Few organizations can keep up with the fast-paced, 24/7 nature of today's media coverage; even fewer can claim to have helped shape it. Bloomberg is the leading global provider of financial data, news and analytics. Bloomberg provides real-time and archived financial and market data, pricing, trading, news and communications tools to corporations, news organizations, financial and legal professionals and individuals around the world.
Bloomberg is looking for a Head of News Desk/Deputy Global Editor for Bloomberg TV. You should be an accomplished journalist, with a deep understanding of digital technology and industry data as well as a track record of journalistic excellence and innovation.
We'll trust you to:
- Deputise for the Global Editor, with responsibility for editorial across Bloomberg TV and Radio's global network
- Give editorial guidance on breaking news across the region and across asset classes
- Generate and shape story ideas with a strong story-telling ability that resonate with Bloomberg TV's core audience
- Communicate with global editorial, production staff, on-air talent and colleagues from across Bloomberg's media platforms to ensure we maximise the impact of our content around the world
- Assign and manage newsgathering resource across Europe, the Middle East and Africa
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Substantial experience in business journalism
- Substantial experience working in a TV editorial planning/strategy role
- Experience in a management/supervisory position with a proven track record of success
- Experience working in a real-time news environment is desirable
We'd also like to see:
- The ability to deliver information accurately in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to think quickly to provide insights and perspective into agency and industry actions
- Demonstrable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Remarkable skills working with journalists in a rapidly changing environment
- An entrepreneurial, innovative and energetic approach to the job
- Knowledge of the government, economy, financial markets and industry Bloomberg L.P
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Opening Date: July 12th 2017
Closing Date: August 9th 2017
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We work hard, and we work fast -- while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing all the time. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.