Head of Procurement - EMEA
Posted Nov 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 97598
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg’s Procurement team is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our external terminal customers and internal clients, operating out of 22 locations across 12 countries. We work hand-in-hand with our business divisions to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. We procure the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle vendor-related risks and strive to deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, and we challenge and support each other’s creative ideas to remain first-class.
Under one umbrella, we collaborate to develop efficient solutions through new technologies and processes to keep up with Bloomberg’s dynamic environment and business needs while ensuring the highest level of customer service.
Global Procurement is responsible for all direct and indirect spend at Bloomberg. We are a global team that takes pride in working with our internal clients, devising strategies and completing operational tactics based on the dynamic requirements of a fast pace pioneering business.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an expert Head of Procurement to lead our team in EMEA. You will build and manage relationships with internal partners and the vendors who support our exciting and dynamic requirements across the entire region. You will support all business areas in the region such as Facilities, Technical Operations, Financial Products, Media, Global Data, Human Resources and Supply Chain.
You will be expected to have a solid understanding of current principles of category management, strategic sourcing, operational purchasing and transaction optimisation, whilst also possessing strong negotiating skills and an eye for detail. You will also lead talent and career development for our team across EMEA with the aim of enhancing the potential of the team and continuously contributing to our set of services that we provide to the business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead the Regional Procurement team with respect to strategic direction, operational processes and individual goals collaborating closely with teams around the rest of the world and with partners across various businesses
- Understand and use standard methodologies and industry trends within Procurement
- Lead regional category supplier relationships and sourcing opportunities, including RFx, reverse and forward auctions, and negotiations if needed
- Resolve specifications and requirements for products and services through communication with internal partners and the goals of the business
- Lead negotiations and implementation of contractual agreements in partnership with internal customers and Bloomberg’s Legal department
- Ensure execution of global strategies with a local flexibility and work towards developing a sourcing pipeline with cohesive and valuable and/or cost-saving agreements
- Develop and coach the team to build strong and positive relationships with their associated vendor base as well as ensuring contractual compliance, risk management, and financial efficiency
- Use the team to develop market research in sourcing decisions to ensure business objectives are met
- Ensure adherence to company and functional policies and procedures
You'll need to have:
- Wide range of experience across Procurement, with particular focus in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, price analysis, and supplier performance management
- Extensive people management (talent management, performance management) and partner management experience
- Proven track record of interacting in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of and experience in contract law and applicable local legislation
- Ability to work independently under frequent time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We'd Love to see:
- SAP, Oracle or other ERP experience
- Experience in Ariba (an SAP product) is highly valued
- Experience across multiple sourcing categories
- Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP) designation / Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS)
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.