Our Treasury & Risk Management (TRM) product is a global game-changer in the Treasury Management market place, set to provide 10,000 middle market corporates with the first fully integrated system within our Bloomberg Professional Service. It is a SaaS solution that delivers unmatched levels of functionality and workflow to Corporates with minimal implementation.
The functionality includes: cash management; bank management, funding and investment, risk and exposure management, hedge accounting and liquidity management.
What’s the role?
We are seeking a Hedge Accounting Derivatives Specialist. The candidate will be joining a rapidly expanding specialized area of Bloomberg focused on offering premium cross asset derivatives portfolio valuation services and an advanced risk platform to our client base. As a member of the Core Derivatives Group you will help develop and implement new hedge accounting strategies, as well as actively contribute and assist our premium accounts.
We’ll trust you to:
- On-boarding and support of hedge accounting premium clients
- Subject Matter Expert on HEFF (Hedge accounting product). Strong knowledge on the other related pricing functions will be required.
- Develop the methodology to meet Bloomberg target implementation timescales. Service delivery will be primarily conducted remotely but there would be instances client visits/meetings are required
- Design on-boarding development road map from an implementation perspective; requirements gathering and specification definition
- Collaboration with Bloomberg colleagues worldwide on the evolution of the product roadmap. Collaborate with various in-house experts, from development, sales, product management and marketing
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Contributing to quality control efforts and raising potential areas for enhancement
- Supporting sales by attending on-site meetings with clients and prospects, showcasing unique Bloomberg cross asset derivatives portfolio valuation and risk services
- Assisting our market specialists in providing high-level analytical expertise to clients and our sales force alike
- Influencing the direction of our services by providing feedback to Bloomberg's business managers on user demand, service enhancements and specific developments. Also, work with Bloomberg product management to assist in the evolution of the roadmap based on client feedback
You’ll need to have:
- Experience as a hedge accounting practitioner either in a corporate treasury or financial services environment
- Prior experience implementing, selecting or using other SaaS based hedge accounting and/or treasury management systems is preferred
- Experience and expertise in the corporate treasury space would be advantageous
- Exemplary presentation, training and communication skills
- Working knowledge of complex derivative valuation techniques, accounting, risk management principles and associated methodologies (e.g., CVA) as well as applicable regulations (Dodd Frank, EMIR, UCITS, AIFMD) a must
- Big 4 audit/advisory experience (or equivalent) would be a plus
- Experience using Bloomberg, and knowledge of and other derivative pricing platforms is a plus
- University finance/quantitative degree or equivalent required
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable in a demanding, client driven environment
- Willingness to travel
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.