Hospitality & Food Services Specialist - London Office
Posted Jan 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 73030
Here at Bloomberg, our guests' experience is a top priority. We’re known for providing exceptional customer service, and a guest experience that's consistent with our brand. Bloomberg's Hospitality group is looking for an individual to join our EMEA team. Our team warmly greets guests and visitors into Bloomberg's world headquarters. It will be your responsibility to ensure the entire guest experience is consistently handled with outstanding service.
As part of the global team you will be responsible for the hospitality & Food Service experience across the region – You will work within a matrix structure, collaborating and supporting your Facilities colleagues you will define and execute processes around guest experience, event support, catering and pantry needs.
We’ll trust you to:
- Assist the London Hospitality team with ensuring Bloomberg global standards of service are consistently delivered to our employees, clients and visitors throughout London and EMEA offices.
- Drive menu development for the pantry, dinner service (CHOMP), events and meetings for the London office. You contribute with new ideas based on industry trends and provide relevant feedback and guidance to food service vendor at seasonal tastings.
- Handle all catering issues for non-standard/custom requests and provide direction to food service vendor and employees that is in line with the internal catering policy and most appropriate for the event.
- Liaise with the Events team on upcoming events. You flag potential issues and ensure catering is timely responding to requests. You coordinate separate calls and walk-throughs with Event Planners when needed.
- Assist with last minute catering requests and collaborate closely with internal partners to expedite delivery of services.
- Work with Building and Waste Management to review the waste strategy as it pertains to the pantry. You ensure employees and guests are educated and that strategies set forward incorporate emerging trends and review appropriate packaging.
- Have strong presence to perform quality checks across the facility, main guest experience areas, pantries, events and meetings to address feedback, suggestions for flow and report back to vendors accordingly.
- Assist the team with onsite coverage of receptions, plated events and the dinner service to ensure standards exceed expectations; embody flexible approach to support team members across varying functions, like Front of House.
- Partner with Hospitality members to actively update and enhance systems and functions, identify areas for improvement and recommend efficiencies.
- Monitor pantry & catering equipment repairs and assist with repair/replacement invoice approvals.
- Review weekly office flower proposals and work closely with the flower service provider to keep arrangements and displays fresh and seasonal within budget guidelines.
- Develop strong controls for monthly budgeting and produce regular reporting strategy to capture full scope of Hospitality Operations.
- Host executive summary meetings to review monthly Pantry/Catering and Floral important metrics and score vendor appropriately.
- Liaise with paper product & cup vendors and internal Marketing team on all pantry paper products for EMEA distribution. You assist with the process of identifying new products, lead testing efforts, report back issues, gain approvals, monitor inventory updates. You also approve invoices, coordinate major product changeovers and communicate on all relevant updates to sites in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Facilities team on office moves, occupancy updates and any changes that will affect the food service operations and budgets.
- Monitor all feedback tickets and raise issues to food service vendor and follow through to resolution.
- Serve as main point of contact and admin for catering, pantry and floral standards, and ensure other relevant Hospitality documentation are kept up to date.
You’ll need to have:
- Solid Hospitality experience, preferably working in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Experience with managing large budgets and using innovation to conduct cost savings.
- Strong interest in food and beverage world and knowledge of current trends to make purposeful and financially efficient decisions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interacting with executives at all levels of the company as well as visitors, clients and high profile external guests.
- Flexibility to work afterhours for events when needed. Event coverage responsibilities to be shared by the team.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.