Human Resources Business Partner - Engineering
Posted May 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 103818
Your friends all know you as the problem solver- the person they go to when they need advice. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. Discretion is something which comes naturally to you, and you're able to find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You love dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and ensuring their success through measurement of individual performance is the key to our success. As part of our HR Business Partner team, you will foster a strong professional relationship with our business to maximise the success of our employees in the organisation. You will contribute to the design and delivery of people and organisational development strategies in support of our strategic and operational plans. You will partner with teams across the EMEA region to advocate for continuous organisational performance improvement. You will solve complex problems while being "hands on" on all other aspects of the role.
We are trusted advisers on all HR issues and are partners to the business in hiring, developing and retaining the best talent. In this role, you will be part of the HR team that supports the Engineering department.
What’s in it for you:
- Own and deliver exciting strategic projects, everything from workforce-related efforts, change management, organisational design, implementation of new performance metrics and career development, in partnership with Senior Business Partners on the team
- You will lead the delivery of all HR services to internal client groups, focusing on the Team Lead population
- Partner closely with Senior Business Partners to help leaders drive the human capital agenda, consult on critical talent decisions and achieve operational excellence for the business
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand the vision, purpose and strategy of a business and how this aligns with HR strategies
- Support Senior Business Partners to get results based on business goals and strategies, by executing on specific people-focused initiatives
- Use data, metrics and internal/external trends to share insights that drive HR projects and activities
- Execute and contribute to HR initiatives that make the organisation more effective, e.g., talent acquisition, retention strategies and employee development
- Build credible relationships with key management, business partners and peers globally by combining commercial and HR expertise to add value to the business
- Coach Team Leaders in order to better manage their business, develop their people and drive business results
- Provide advice and challenge leaders on how to effectively manage change within the organisation
- Collaborate with HR peers and internal clients to achieve flawless execution of HR initiatives and annual processes
- Support clients in the execution of evaluation and compensation processes
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
You’ll need to have:
- Experience in a HR Generalist/Human Resources Business Partnering role
- Demonstrated experience serving in a consultative capacity to leaders and employees
- Experience collaborating with various HR partners
- Ability to execute employee engagement initiatives with excellence in a dynamic, global collaborative environment; dedication to innovation and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis
- Ability to use HR reporting & analytics in generating insights and presenting findings back to the business, as well as tracking and disseminating key HR data
- Facilitation skills, including fostering creativity in solution design
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
We’d love to see:
- Experience (or education + aspiration) in career development / implementing career programs
- Certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise, including coaching skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org