ID Services FIGI/Symbology Specialist
Posted Dec 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 112144
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Data team collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to our customers.
Bloomberg supports Open Symbology and drives efforts to contribute to universal and standard systems for instrument identification. This includes Bloomberg's responsibilities as a Registration Authority and Certified Provider for the Financial Instrument Global Identifier (FIGI), which is currently a standard of the Object Management Group and the American National Standards Institute. Identifiers are crucial to the financial industry and gaining market acceptance of the FIGI and Open Symbology is a major initiative for Bloomberg Data. To support the product, we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the ID and Symbology team.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for maintaining integrity of the FIGI, ensuring data is clean, consistent, and synchronized across platforms. You will have the opportunity to discover potential improvements to our product coverage and quality, data processing and applications. We will look for you to exhibit creativity in finding unique solutions to meet existing and new business initiatives. You will also have an opportunity to interact and build relationships with our clients, as well as implement marketing strategies to promote FIGI and Open Symbology.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with the Symbology Team to become a subject matter expert on the FIGI
- Provide outstanding customer service; handle client requests generated through our OpenFIGI.com platform and LEI.bloomberg.com web portal and assist with client mappings as needed
- Quality check our FIGI data to ensure best-in-class data coverage
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure that goals are achieved
- Influencing the direction of our services by providing feedback to Bloomberg's Symbology Product - - Development teams on user demand, service improvements and specific product developments
- Stay informed about the financial markets in order to spot trends, look for new opportunities and establish credibility with our clients by understanding their business
- Engage in self-development to maintain and improve knowledge of the Bloomberg system, which constantly evolves as new data and analytical tools are added
- Use business intelligence to help spot trends, identify gaps and areas for product and quality improvements, as well as new strategic opportunities
- Build relationships with clients and within the industry to understand where FIGI can play a part in client workflows or to fit within industry requirements
You'll Need to Have:
- Relevant work experience in data management, client service, project management, sales support, or marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills, with the ability to initiate, develop and handle relationships with market players
- Strong project management skills, and experience working to tight deadlines
- Dedication to improving and further developing products
- Ability to navigate internal and external networks
- Solid understanding of Excel and sophisticated spreadsheet techniques
- Strong research and analytical skills with experience analysing large and sophisticated data sets
- Tenacious and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven track record constructing professional reports and presentations
We'd love to see:
- Educational Background in Business, Finance, Data Analytics, Economics or other related fields
- Knowledge of F&O products and derivatives
- Familiarity of data visualization tools, specifically QlikSense
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org