IT Service Desk Analyst
Posted Aug 13, 2019 - Requisition No. 76609
Our Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s the internal IT systems, including our global corporate network, and the hardware and software to support nearly 19,000 employees in more than 170 offices around the world. We are also responsible for the audio-visual technology in all of Bloomberg’s public spaces (including training and conference rooms), that host more than 500,000 visitors to Bloomberg offices each year.
Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support Infosys provides to do their jobs in a fast-paced, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. We are a close-knit, hardworking team organized into 6 groups: Service Desk, Desktop Technicians, Infrastructure, Audio-Visual, Corporate Security, and Mobile Technology. Each of these groups develop, deploy and rely upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide; and those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we need to improve.
For example, our 19,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, as well as, monitor and implement security for the entire corporate network that consists of 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays and 120,000 network connections.
What's the role:
The Global Service desk team is absolutely crucial to the smooth operation of the internal IT systems at Bloomberg. Bloomberg Information Systems provides technical support for all in house IT systems. A core part of this group is the Service Desk. This team forms Bloomberg's front line, providing level 1 & 2 technical IT support for all of our employees. You could be part of this team striving for first call resolution whilst taking a detail oriented approach to addressing customer technical needs quickly and efficiently.
Support is coordinated via ticketing systems, over the phone or Instant Message. The role will be mainly providing remote and sometimes desk side support for PC's that are primarily running a Windows OS. In addition to PC support, you may also be supporting other systems such as Macs, mobile technology and AV systems. Full training on the Bloomberg software and ticketing systems will be given to the successful candidate.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide level 1 and 2 technical support to our 19,000 internal employees
- Provide excellent levels of customer service
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff
- Have excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Have proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, innovative environment demonstrating high energy, a sense of urgency, and decisiveness
- Multitask with a high volume of tasks
- Experience in providing 1st and 2nd level support within a fast paced business environment
- Active Directory experience
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- A clear and proven interest in Technology
- Experience working within a team environment
- Knowledge of mobile technology
- Experience supporting users in a Mac environment
- Knowledge of Cisco telephony
- Audio Visual support experience
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.