Posted Oct 24, 2019 - Requisition No. 79197
At Bloomberg, our mission has always been to provide real-time data, news, and analytics to our clients quickly and accurately. Our clients are some of the biggest players in finance, and they rely on our software to manage their portfolios, analyze the markets, and make swift trading decisions that keep them ahead of the competition. We have more than 320,000 clients across the world, so it’s critical for our systems to be stable, reliable, and always available. That’s where the incident management team comes in.
On the Incident Management team, we manage the coordination and communication for all service-impacting outages to ensure they have a minimal impact on all downstream users and are resolved as quickly as possible. To do this, we structure and lead investigations in partnership with technical teams across the company – from developers to client support. We’re the central point for all stakeholders, and we ensure that accurate and timely information is communicated to all stakeholders during significant outages. Our team is critical to providing the best possible service for our clients, and we take pride in the impact we have on the company’s continued success. We're also responsible for Problem Management activities and help pursue root cause analysis and remediation actions to make sure our incidents don't happen again in the future.
We'll trust you to:
- Facilitate the resolution by effective communication across multiple teams.
- Quickly assess the severity of an outage in regards to business impact and technical complexity.
- Notify, escalate and communicate to senior management the existence and status of outages, as necessary.
- Help coordinate the investigations and drive the incidents to resolution/remediation.
You need to have:
- Experience with incident management for application or infrastructure services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor communication of technical issues to various audiences
- Strong collaboration skills and an interest in developing a strong network
- Ability and aptitude to pick up new technologies or procedures
- Good organisation skills and excel at multitasking with the ability to ‘pick up the pace’ during major outages
We’d love to see:
- Innovation and drive – someone who is happy to challenge the status quo and collaborate on processes within the team
- A self-starter who is assertive but diplomatic with the ability to prioritize work load and to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Basic understanding of industry standard technologies and infrastructure such as: networking, cloud storage, middleware, databases and virtual infrastructure
- ITIL Service Support knowledge
- Familiarity with, or knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal or other Bloomberg products
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.