Index Data Quality Analyst
Posted Jan 21, 2019 - Requisition No. 73013
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products.
Our beta/benchmark platform, Bloomberg Barclays Indices is the market leader in fixed income, inflation-linked, and swaps indices offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of customised client solutions for benchmarking and informational needs.
The Bloomberg Index platform also includes a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to outperformance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access. Index products are available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives, and alternative investments.
As an Index Data Quality Analyst, you will join a global team responsible for the daily processing, data quality and publishing of the Bloomberg Barclays Indices.
We’ll trust you to:
- Handle daily client inquiries
- Lead monthly index re-balancing tasks
- Run daily production tasks, responding to events raised in the index monitoring console and liaising with IT and clients as necessary
- Partner with IT to improve existing processes to improve control and increase efficiency
- Collaborate with the Index Product Strategies team to help design the tools needed to build new/customized indices
You’ll need to have:
- Strong data and quantitative analysis skills
- Strong operational and process management skills
- Ability to quickly understand and learn the Benchmark and Strategy Index businesses, and their role within the capital markets
- Willingness to learn complex business and technology processes and actively contribute to their evolution
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with our clients
- Attention to detail
- Dedication to quality
We’d love to see:
- Technology skills on SQL would be desirable
- Eagerness to work in a challenging, complex, dynamic, high-pressure environment
- Additional European languages
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Open Date - 21st January 2019
Close Date - 20th February 2019