Indirect Tax – VAT Advisor – London
Posted Nov 1, 2019 - Requisition No. 79362
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
The Bloomberg indirect tax team in London is part of the Bloomberg LP Global Finance operations. The team is responsible for indirect tax compliance for the EMEA region and several countries within APAC. In addition, the team is heavily involved in various VAT related projects and is responsible for supporting the global organisation with indirect tax advice.
As a strategic partner for the organisation, we are responsible for proactively ensuring that global indirect tax compliance is managed by monitoring emerging VAT developments which impact the organisation, assessing levels of indirect tax risk, implementing the indirect tax control framework and working with other business units to determine whether VAT registration requirements arise.
You will be instrumental in driving VAT projects and providing considered indirect tax recommendations and decisions on technical VAT classifications, compliance and operations.
What’s the Role?
As an integral member of the indirect tax team, you will provide commercially focused VAT technical advice to the organisation across the EMEA region and will also work closely with our professional advisors to provide advice to the LATAM and APAC regions. You will report directly into the London Indirect Tax Team leader, provide support to the Global Process Owner (GPO) for Indirect Taxes and work with the lead Indirect Tax technical advisor at Bloomberg.
You will be involved in delivering indirect tax efficiencies, managing tax controls, initiating and leading global indirect tax projects and sharing your VAT technical knowledge and experience with the team.
We will trust you to:
- Work with the regional tax teams, to determine in a timely manner, where Bloomberg has a requirement/forthcoming requirement to register for VAT. Specifically, tracking global digital VAT changes and the impact to Bloomberg
- Provide VAT advice on existing and emerging Bloomberg products
- Provide VAT advice on new legal entity structures
- Monitor and challenge the PESM to ensure accurate VAT recovery
- Lead global VAT/GST technical projects, including the project management
- Review new commercial agreements such as customer and vendor agreements, tax indemnifications etc.
- Be involved in VAT audits (on-site where required) including liaising with LBK/advisors, information gathering, attendance at meetings etc.
- Develop the VAT technical skillset of the global tax team members
You need to have:
- Enjoys working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- European VAT background essential within a large multinational business
- TMT VAT experience
- Knowledge of partial exemption
- FS VAT experience an advantage
- Big 4 experience an advantage
- CTA an advantage
We'd Love to See:
- A hands-on approach and willing to roll up his/her sleeves
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral
- Results orientated
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.