Indirect Tax - General Ledger VAT Accountant
Posted Oct 16, 2018 - Requisition No. 71293
The Bloomberg Finance department plays a meaningful role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex financial issues that come with being the world's leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation and tackle problems. We also recognise the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communicates as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The indirect tax team is part of global Bloomberg LP Accounting operations. We are responsible for ensuring Bloomberg files accurate and timely VAT/GST returns in the EMEA and APAC regions as well as providing advice to the organisation globally.
We prepare and submit returns in-house as well as working with advisors and local book keepers who operate on behalf of Bloomberg. The team are also responsible for balancing the VAT/GST accounts across the regions.
You will report directly to the EMEA regional team leader and will take ownership for ensuring that the VAT/GST GL accounts are reconciled and cleared on a timely basis, in addition to running compliance and consultancy budgets globally.
We will trust you to:
- Manage Bloomberg’s global VAT/GST accounts by working with the global tax teams to ensure that the open item managed accounts are reconciled in a timely and effective manner
- Lead budget and be responsible for global irrecoverable VAT/GST
- Run budget and handle the global VAT/GST compliance and consulting spend
- Build a monthly management report and report out on Bloomberg’s VAT position
- You will be involved in the global coordination of external audits
- Complete internal reviews of the compliance processes
- Assisting with other tax related project work such as implementing RPA opportunities, automation of VAT/GST accounting, VAT process change, maintaining the tax calendar, and other tax related projects as appropriate and subject to capacity
You'll need to have:
- General Ledger and Accounts Reconciliation experience
- Are you experienced with Clearing and Budgets?
- Do you have an ability to communicate with all levels of management in a clear, friendly and confident manner?
- Are you an MS Excel Advanced User?
- Do you have an understanding of the basic principles of VAT?
- Ability to prioritise high volume of activities and to meet deadlines
We'd love to See:
- You are results driven
- Preference for a bachelor's degree in accounting and finance
- Someone who will thrive working in a dynamic, open-plan and constantly changing environment
- In-house experience
- Understanding of VAT laws across EMEA
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.