Indirect Tax - LEAD VAT Technical Advisor
Posted Mar 26, 2018 - Requisition No. 66202
The Bloomberg indirect tax team in London is part of the Bloomberg LP Global Finance operations. The team is responsible for indirect tax compliance for the EMEA region and several countries within APAC.
In addition, we are heavily involved in various VAT related projects like RPA automation, GCC VAT implementation and support the global organisation with indirect tax advice.
As a strategic partner for the organisation, we strive to ensure that global indirect tax compliance is managed by monitoring emerging VAT developments which impact the organisation, assessing levels of indirect tax risk, implementing the indirect tax control framework and working with other business units to determine whether VAT registration requirements arise.
You are instrumental in driving VAT projects and providing considered indirect tax recommendations and decisions on technical VAT classifications, compliance and operations.
What’s in it for you
You will provide commercially focused VAT technical advice to the organisation, predominately to the EMEA region. The role will also enable you to expand your remit as you will also work in partnership with our professional advisors to provide guidance to the LATAM and APAC regions as well. You will partner with the Global Process Owner (GPO) for Indirect Taxes.
You will report directly into the London Indirect Tax lead.
We will trust you to
- Work with the regional tax teams, to determine in a timely manner, where Bloomberg has a requirement/forthcoming requirement to register for VAT. Specifically, tracking global digital VAT changes and the impact to Bloomberg.
- Provide VAT advice on new products that Bloomberg develops as well as on new legal entity structures.
- Monitor and challenge the PESM to ensure accurate VAT recovery.
- Lead global VAT/GST technical projects, including the project management – such as intercompany reviews, import VAT etc.
- Review new commercial agreements such as customer and vendor agreements, tax indemnifications etc.
- Be involved in VAT audits (on-site where required) including liaising with LBK/advisors, information gathering, attendance at meetings etc.
- Develop the VAT technical skillset of the global tax team members.
You need to have:
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and constantly changing environment
- European VAT background essential within a large multinational business
- TMT VAT experience
- Knowledge of partial exemption
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A results orientated mind set
- Hands-on in approach and willing to roll up his/her sleeves
We'd love to see:
- Financial Services VAT Experience
- Experience within a BIG 4 organisation
- CTA qualification
Does this sound like you?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.