The Bloomberg indirect tax team is part of Global Bloomberg LP Accounting operations. The team are responsible for ensuring Bloomberg files accurate and timely VAT/GST returns and other statistical returns.
The team prepare and submit returns in-house as well as working with advisors and local book keepers who prepare and submit returns on behalf of Bloomberg. The team are also responsible for reconciling the VAT/GST accounts.
What’s in it for you
You will be part of the indirect tax compliance team. You will report directly to the EMEA regional indirect tax team leader. You will be responsible for preparing VAT/GST returns and other statistical reports for a number of countries and as well as working with local book keepers on assisting with the preparation of returns. You will also work on operational indirect tax projects that will improve the quality of source data and the efficiency of reporting.
We will trust you to
- Prepare VAT/GST returns and related VAT/GST compliance filings for Bloomberg’s operations. Duties will include extracting and reconciling relevant data from financial reporting systems, liaising with colleagues in tax and finance teams and other parts of the business and preparing draft VAT/GST return calculations
- Preparation of periodic (monthly/quarterly/annual) indirect tax financial reporting, forecasting and reconciliations, which involves extracting and analysing data from relevant systems and reports
- Working with external advisors to ensure the accurate and timely submission of indirect tax returns and related compliance filings
- Ensuring that all indirect tax filing deadlines are met in compliance with the tax calendar
- Conduct research on indirect tax related queries
- Monitor VAT/GST rate and rule changes specific to Bloomberg's business
- Assisting with other tax related project work such as implementing VAT process change, maintaining the tax calendar, and other tax related projects as appropriate and subject to capacity
You need to have
- Indirect tax compliance experience, preferably in-house with a large multi-national corporation or with a professional services firm’s Indirect Tax compliance function
- Experience using financial reporting systems and proficiency in Microsoft Excel to extract, analyse and reconcile data
- Must have knowledge of VAT/GST legislation
- Ability to prioritise high volume of activities and to meet deadlines
- Results oriented
- Enjoys working in a fast moving and constantly changing environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.