Investing & Real Estate Editor - London
Posted May 15, 2019 - Requisition No. 75137
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organisations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features.
As an editor on the Investing and Real Estate team, you will work with a very talented team of reporters and editors covering some of the top hedge funds, money managers and real estate investors in the region. You will play a key role helping reporters identify and develop story ideas, ranging from spot news stories to ambitious enterprise. You will play a big part in helping us deliver exclusives and breaking news to our readers in sharp, succinct and slick packages. You're decisive with strong news instincts, and thrive in a fast-paced newsroom. With years of editing experience, you will set a standard for fast and accurate coverage, and be a great teammate who collaborates well with colleagues globally.
We'll trust you to:
- Generate and craft content, both short and long-form, that demonstrates a strong story-telling ability and understanding of what our readers are interested in
- Edit and write copy for accuracy and insight; and be adept at utilizing multiple formats including graphics
- Collaborate with editors around the world to help move copy quickly
- Propose and shape longer-term stories that explain complex financial ideas to a global audience
We'd love to see:
- A flair for storytelling
- Knowledge of asset management and real estate and the ability to understand the market impact of news developments
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Thorough fact checking skills
- A positive can-do attitude
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.