JIRA Workflow Architect - London
Posted Oct 1, 2019 - Requisition No. 78717
What we do:
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock, from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately.
Our goal is to innovate, re-define, and break boundaries in expanding our modern financial data business. In Global Data’s Technical Operations, our focus is on data engineering. We create large scale automated systems to handle the huge variety of data that Bloomberg delivers to customers worldwide.
What to expect from the role:
We are looking for a specialist within workflow development, with experience in designing, building and maintaining workflows. As a JIRA Workflow Architect / Business Process Analyst, you will manage both the process engineering research and design/build-out of workflow solutions in JIRA Service Desk that Data Analysts across the globe leverage to manage their day to day workflows. Your expertise in designing optimal solutions to daily challenges will result in increased efficiency for thousands of users.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll expect you to:
- Work with data management teams across the department to learn about their business, understand the main challenges they face, and identify strategic opportunities
- Take a business analysis approach to workflow design: leverage business intelligence and process analysis/engineering to identify areas for improvements in existing operations, and to drive the decision making process
- Design, develop, and deploy solutions that impact workflow processes, procurement and relationship management, data capture, and quality control management, by leveraging proprietary software alongside industry standard solutions
- Analyse existing data processes and design/develop JIRA workflows
- Measure the impact of the team’s engagement with other parts of the business using our Business Intelligence dashboards, web apps and static documentation (e.g. Qlik Sense, Splunk etc.)
- Work closely with colleagues to build data pipelines and productionize optimized workflows.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders throughout the project development lifecycle
- Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot issues for the production systems you are responsible for
Successful applicants will likely possess most of these:
- B.A./ B.Sc. in Business Analytics or related field of study, and / or professional work experience in the area of process analysis and data management
- Familiarity with ETL principles, data pipelining and workflow design
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA Service Desk as a workflow application, ideally Atlassian certified (ACP-400, or equivalent)
- Full spectrum of project management experience: from idea generation through to project delivery
- Proven ability to set a vision and plan for the long term, while working on immediate priorities
- A self-starter and analytical attitude, creative problem solving skills, and experience with diverse data processes and systems
- Great team player attitude, focusing on building partnerships and delivering value for the department through effective collaboration and group facilitation
- Experience in mentoring and/or training individuals on your area of expertise
- Excellent communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business stakeholders and management
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening date: 1st October 2019
Closing date: 29th October 2019
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits