KYC Analyst - London
Posted Jun 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 104985
Bloomberg’s Legal and Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognise the value and importance of giving back to our communities, as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono programme.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products, as well as support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. Bloomberg has regulated activities that include regulated trading venues (e.g., U.K. Multilateral Trading Facility, U.S. Swap Execution Facility), MIFID II benchmark activities, a U.S. broker-dealer, and other regulated offerings globally.
Based in London, this is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and thriving Know Your Customer (KYC) team and function. The Know Your Customer Due Diligence Analyst will be focused on the on-boarding and maintenance of corporate/professional clients for Bloomberg Businesses. You will have a deep understanding of the front-to-end customer due diligence process using risk-based approach and be well versed with legal entity types across different jurisdictions. We would love our KYC Analyst to demonstrate strong competent knowledge of current UK and EU regulatory requirements and relevant financial industry know-how concerning the Customer Due Diligence and AML standards.
We'll Trust You To:
- Onboard new clients in an efficient and timely manner
- Conduct event or time driven periodic reviews
- Analyse corporate structures and validate documentation to ensure compliance with internal procedures
- Accurately risk assess new and existing clients, resolving appropriate issues where required
- Identify potential AML concerns and escalate to appropriate senior management during the on-boarding and ongoing review process
- Manage multiple expectations of business partners and front office sales teams
- Respond to client enquiries, assisting on client calls when necessary
- Perform Politically Exposed Person (PEP), Sanction and Adverse Media screening and analyse the results to eliminate or confirm matches
- Perform client static data updates within the internal systems
- As part of the broader Compliance team, provide Compliance support to the broad range of businesses operated by Bloomberg LP.
- Develop and conduct training for sales and team members as and when necessary
- Engage with different internal stakeholders for smooth onboarding of clients or other compliance related approvals
- Engage directly with clients in EMEA region and assist with client queries
You'll Need to Have:
- At least 3-5* years of experience in KYC/AML
- Knowledge of standard AML requirements including JMLSG and Money Laundering Regulations
- Experience of analysing complex company legal structures
- Understanding of risk assessment matrix
- Experience of conducting client categorisation using the FCA Conduct of Business Sourcebook
- Experience with PEPs, Sanctions and Adverse Media screening
- The ability to meet strict deadlines / set targets
- Dedication to resolve pending queries or concerns in a timely manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from you if you are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role
We'd Love to See:
- Experience of onboarding a variety of legal entity types from EMEA countries
- Familiarity with MiFID Client Categorisation process
- Experience of CDD Quality Assurance
- Experience in implementation of new KYC processes
- In-House Financial Services experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- A motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic, open-plan environment
- Knowledge of foreign languages (e.g. German, Russian, Turkish) would be a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com