What's Bloomberg KYC?
Know Your Customer (KYC) is a prerequisite for doing business in the financial markets. While the requirements imposed for KYC are commonly seen as painful, inefficient and unsustainable, the cost of delays and regulatory breaches can result in significant fines and opportunity cost.
Many have wondered if data and technology could be used to reduce the pain, the costs or the risk. Or better yet – to help firms improve their bottom line by pursuing opportunities faster, achieving scale or growing relationships?
The answer is yes.
Launched in 2015, KYC is a new startup business within Enterprise Solutions that is vertical leveraging Bloomberg's core strengths to help clients reduce time-to-trade, allowing them to make more money faster, and to manage their KYC responsibilities with lower operating costs and greater due diligence.
What's the role?
This is a direct complex hunter sales role, where you will drive quarterly sales targets from both smaller shorter sales cycle deals and longer strategic deals. You’ll possess a highly consultative selling approach and a strong network of contacts in financial services. You’ll have experience selling into highly regulated functions within the market.
The role will entail European travel.
We’ll trust you to:
- Hit or exceed sales targets
- Prospect to build pipeline of opportunity and manage effectively to close
- Use your strong understanding of our target audience, the Know Your Customer space and workflow, to identify user requirements and to establish stakeholder relationships with a view of closing sales and expanding our solution footprint
- Be an expert on the KYC competitive landscape, and create a sales plan which includes displacing competitors as well as collecting market/industry intelligence critical for the expansion of our business
- Build and maintain key client relationships with the goal of establishing local development and advisory board partnerships.
- Network internally in order to inspire and take leverage other areas of Bloomberg to further promote community growth
- Work closely with our Product Management and Operations teams, helping to determine the future of the product and service by generating feedback from clients
- Be responsible for inspiring and developing team members to continuously strengthen their skills, knowledge and success so that we grow strong together
You’ll need to have:
- Experience selling PEP/Sanction/Adverse Media solutions for counterparty due diligence
- Relationship building and management skills with knowledge of enterprise selling
- Prospecting capabilities with a "closer" mentality
- Ability to devise and execute sales campaigns/initiatives geared towards maximizing revenue growth, user adoption and displacement of competitor solutions
- Ability to develop, motivate and inspire team members
- Ability to successfully partner with internal stakeholders such as KYC Business, Product, Engineering, Client Services, Operations, Marketing, Compliance and other internal sales organisations to advance agendas and close sales
- Leadership skills, with previous experience in overseeing sales team’s successful track record of selling technology to Financial Market players
We’d also love to see:
- Existing relationships across the Buy Side and/or Sell-Side are certainly advantageous
- Expertise or specialized knowledge in the Regulatory and/or Compliance space a plus
- Fluency in a core European language is a nice to have, but not essential
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.