LEI Data Specialist
Posted Jun 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 104110
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyze, process and publish the data which acts as the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal. They leverage technology and apply problem-solving skills to execute on ideas that drive innovation of our product offering, while providing premium customer support to our clients.
Bloomberg is 1 of 38 globally accredited Legal Operating Units (LOUs) responsible for issuing and maintaining a unique 20-character alphanumeric code based on the ISO 17442 standard that is required for all financial entities involved in market transactions. The LEI team is responsible for managing Bloomberg’s LEI services, the mapping of all LEIs to financial entities, and educating both internal and external stakeholders on the value of an LEI and its ecosystem.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible helping Bloomberg continue to maintain its LEI accreditation by ensuring that proper controls are in place to meet the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation’s (GLEIF) quality expectations. Furthermore, you will be responsible for managing queries that come in from clients via our webportal and customer service desk. Additionally, the specialist will be able to effectively communicate our processes to stakeholders, partners and other data teams globally. You will be expected to discover and implement improvements to our product coverage and quality, data processing and applications. We will look for you to exhibit creativity in finding unique solutions to meet existing and new business initiatives. You will also have an opportunity to interact and build relationships with our clients, as well as implement marketing strategies to promote our LEI and other Open Symbology Services.
We’ll trust you to:
- Monitor LEI processes and web portal
- Provide outstanding customer service; handle client requests generated through our lei.bloomberg.com web portal.
- Respond to client queries regarding the data and product functionality
- Influence the direction of our services by providing feedback to Bloomberg's LEI Product Development teams on user demand, service enhancements and specific product developments.
- Engage in Competitor analysis of other LOUs
- Ensure that Bloomberg maintains its LEI issuance accreditation, complies with quality SLAs, and meets any other demands established by the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) and Regulatory Oversight Committee (ROC).
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure that milestones are achieved.
- Stay informed about financial regulations that involve the LEI to identify new opportunities and establish credibility with our clients by understanding their needs and how the LEI fits into their regulatory requirements.
You’ll need to have:
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent Communication, Analytical and Customer Service skills
- Ability to interact with clients within the financial industry
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Experience with Python & SQL is a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com