Leadership and Talent Development - Regional Program Manager
Posted Nov 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 111864
We work with purpose at Bloomberg, and you know exactly what that means. Our team strives to make Bloomberg more successful by assessing our talent, identifying skill gaps, and building curated learning experiences to fill those gaps.
The best athletes have coaches that make them world-class; they develop them differently and give them the chance to realise their potential. This is who we are to the Bloomberg organisation. We believe that having the right leaders is critical to our business success and that they are there to make sure that innovation happens. We want to have a future-focused leadership agenda so that we have the right pipelines and plans for the right leaders, with the right skills, ready at the right time. Our leadership approach needs to be business aligned, commercially relevant, and pragmatic. We are constantly challenged to meet firm wide, global business objectives while also adapting to local requirements. We collaborate extensively within our team and across the organisation.
What's the role?
Our Regional Program Manager, based in London and supporting EMEA and APAC, will be responsible for enabling the delivery of learning and development solutions that are managed by our team. You will have a hands-on role in leading the execution of a number of our core programs, improving processes, managing program logistics, engaging stakeholders, and helping to improve the learning experience. This role will require synthesising existing needs analyses and supplementing with additional qualitative and quantitative data. You will work closely with Regional Talent Partners and HRBPs to continuously build on our strategy to drive adoption and measure business results. Proficiency with data gathering, analysis, and presentation of insights is critical. Additionally, this role requires continuous inspection of program effectiveness and identification of opportunities to simplify, scale, and drive impact.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage end-to-end program requirements ensuring effective delivery of all program aspects, this includes the development of detailed project plans and timelines, meeting schedules, as well as program status reports
- Partner closely with regional coordinators to ensure they support the framework for rollouts
- Work with multiple teams across HR and the business to ensure seamless project planning, execution, and management
- Work with the Regional Heads of Leadership and Talent Development for EMEA and APAC to design and deliver executive level summary updates and presentations, including business impact, and supporting data analysis
- Identify and manage inter-dependencies and risks across projects
- Manage vendors, budgets and expenses across key programs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to market key programs and resources designed to enable the development of talent and leaders
- Develop new and creative ways to engage, inform and gather key insights from our key stakeholders (HRBPs, Talent Partners, D&I, Learning Teams). Establish a regular cadence and format for when and how this occurs
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 5+ years* of experience managing global programs with multiple facets and stakeholders, which includes having a skill set for planning work, prioritising and managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track within a dynamic and fluid environment, comfortable resolving issues and managing risks and using time well and delivering results with tight deadlines.
- Passion and desire to work in the Leadership and Talent Development space
- Experience managing complex projects to a high standard, within budget and to required time frames
- Ability to display a global mindset, with experience driving cross-functional prioritisation and alignments on enterprise wide projects
- A can-do approach with sound commercial acumen
- A consistent track record operating within a fast-paced, dynamic work environment,
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the adeptness to convert data and research into measurable and actionable items
- Comfort in influencing and directing others, often without direct line reporting authority
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, facilitation, presentation, and interpersonal skills; experienced at presenting (both in development of and delivery) to leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org