Learning and Talent Development Facilitator
Posted Jan 20, 2023 - Requisition No. 113572
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We are Leadership & Talent Development. Our team is a group of leadership, learning and organisational development specialists working alongside HR Talent Partners, Business Partners and Leaders. We use a broad approach to developing learning solutions and talent strategies, always taking into account Bloomberg's global scope and diverse businesses. We support Bloomberg's overall business goals by serving as partners and consultants, helping to engage and activate the potential of all talent. It's the most important thing we do and it's our purpose.
What’s the role?
You'll be part of a global leadership and talent development team that designs, delivers and evaluates the core curriculum from early career hires, experienced individual contributors, to aspiring leaders and senior managers, ensuring Bloomberg attracts, retains, and advances our greatest asset - our people.
As a member of the Global Leadership & Talent Development team's Centre of Excellence, you’ll serve as the face of L&TD, facilitating our Bloomberg Skills classes and Core Leadership Curriculum. This involves engaging leaders and emerging talent on the skills and competencies that will help them be successful in their current role, and to aid in their career development.
You’ll proactively collaborate with the Centre of Excellence, Learning Leaders, Talent Partners and other key HR stakeholders globally on the overall curriculum strategy. This includes helping to improve the design, and format of these enterprise wide learning solutions to drive more engagement, and have greater impact on performance. You’ll be tasked with linking investment in development to business performance, ensuring that your solutions are culturally relevant, scalable, and aligned to our global business priorities.
In addition to supporting our leaders in EMEA, you will work closely with the Global Leadership & Talent Development CoE team, providing feedback and insights on the curriculum, format, and strategy to develop our leaders and teams around the globe.
We'll trust you to:
- Facilitate the enterprise wide calendar of classes bringing energy and passion for development front and centre to participants
- Have outstanding facilitation skills. To be motivated by thinking on your feet, enjoy articulating and translating themes, and look to use a coaching approach to engage and get the best out of your audience
- Own the feedback process with participants, including the administration of surveys to capture real-time feedback and data insights on the design, content and format of these classes. Conduct analysis of that feedback and provide a comprehensive report to course owners, Talent Partners and key stakeholders to drive the continued improvement and impact of programs
- Work in partnership with the CoE to improve, adapt and build content for new and existing offerings for all levels of talent
- Build a deep understanding of our business and our culture in order to successfully curate content and deliver training that appropriately aligns to our organisation and has the desired impact with our talent
- Successfully engage audiences regardless of size or seniority, from individual contributors to senior managers. Customising your approach within virtual, hybrid and in-person environments. Always look for new and innovative ways to approach learning
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum of 8 years’* experience and shown success in design and delivery of development programs in a commercial, global environment, with a strong emphasis on development and integration of diversity and inclusion
- Excellent training delivery and facilitation skills, with experience delivering to international groups and using a variety of delivery methods and platforms
- A consistent track record in crafting and delivering classroom, blended and remote training offerings for all sizes and levels of leadership audiences. You’ll also need to continue to strive for innovative ways to approach learning
- A high degree of comfortability in collaborating and partnering with HR and the business, as you will be designing and delivering development solutions
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in various learning and development design choices and the use of different media to engage a range of learners and abilities
- Performance driven attitude with strong personal accountability for results
- Client-service and commercially oriented with outstanding critical thinking and communication skills
- A strong ability to communicate persuasively, credibly, and authentically (both verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organisational skills
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We'd love to see:
- Experience with diversity and inclusion work
- Consulting experience
- Experience with implementing change and talent management initiatives
- Experience in financial or professional services
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org