Leverage Finance Reporter
Posted Aug 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 93001
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
You'd be part of a team that covers corporate and leveraged finance in EMEA at a fascinating time, as businesses attempt to navigate the post-pandemic world. The job includes cultivating sources and digging into corporate financial data to break news; then using your story-telling skills to inform, analyze and explain to both the specialist client and the intelligent layperson. While the successful applicant should feel comfortable writing across asset classes, we're looking for someone to focus on the leveraged loan market.
We're passionate about breaking news and writing stories that set the agenda, and we want reporters who can lead coverage of a story and collaborate with teammates, both within their specific area of expertise and beyond. The position is in London.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop sources to generate intelligent, high-impact, market-moving scoops
- Monitor and analyze key industry and corporate financial data
- Break news on the debt financing of the biggest deals in EMEA
- Cover the leverage loan beat with enthusiasm, speed and accuracy
- Talk about your stories on Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Radio and Bloomberg Quicktake
- Turn debt stories into big reads for a broad audience
- Learn to write insightful, thought-provoking features that add value
- Collaborate with colleagues across our more than 120 bureaus globally
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of five years in covering leveraged loans, preferably with an interest in private credit
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
- Ability to generate exclusive, breaking news as well as informative feature stories
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of another European language besides English
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status