Leveraged Loan Reporter
Posted Aug 18, 2023 - Requisition No. 118225
Bloomberg News is seeking a leveraged loan reporter to join its energic credit team in London.
You'd be covering leveraged finance in EMEA at a fascinating time, as businesses attempt to navigate the post-pandemic world and adapt to higher funding costs. You'd be tapping sources in the leveraged loan market to break news on multi-billion euro financing deals, and then using your story-telling skills and market knowledge to analyze and explain the financing to both the specialist client and the intelligent layperson. It also includes chasing deals across other leveraged finance markets, such as private credit and collateralized loan obligations, and keeping our database of financings in EMEA robust.
We're passionate about breaking news and writing stories that set the agenda, and we want reporters who are keen to collaborate with teammates, both within their area of expertise and beyond. The position is in London.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop sources to generate intelligent, high-impact, market-moving scoops
- Become proficient in analyzing deals and funding markets
- Break news on the debt financing of leveraged deals in EMEA
- Cover the beat with enthusiasm, speed and accuracy
- Talk about your stories on Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Radio and Bloomberg Quicktake
- To write insightful, thought-provoking stories that add value
- Collaborate with colleagues across our more than 120 bureaus globally
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of five years in business journalism, preferably with a focus on credit markets and leveraged finance
- Deep knowledge of leveraged loans and structured credit
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
- Ability to generate exclusive, breaking news
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Preferably have knowledge of another European language besides English
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)