Logistics Representative - 1 year temporary contract
Posted Jul 5, 2019 - Requisition No. 75964
Our Supply Chain and Logistics group aims to provide an efficient and effective way for Bloomberg customers to receive, swap, return and store licensed equipment, while serving both internal and external customers in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Within this group, we are looking for a motivated Representative to join our team in our London office.
You are willing to inspire change and take initiatives, challenge current working processes thought operational understanding and data insight, you have a background in, among others, customer service, logistics and inventory management, and vendor relationship management. You should possess skills to help quickly identify and drive process improvements.
We'll trust you to:
- To work within the EMEA Logistics Department
- Monitoring and improving shipment execution performance
- Issue resolution on shipping and/or billing discrepancies
- Managing and coordinating Ticketing performance SLA’s
- Track and trace shipments and delivery-issue resolution
- Develop Routing and booking of inbound/outbound inventory shipments with local, regional and global carriers, including timely preparation of required shipping documentation
- Work independently or as part of a Project team
- Help Maintain relationship(s) with 4PL/3PL and local last-mile delivery partners in the provision of excellent service to Bloomberg customers
- Development and performance oversight of suppliers and carriers Service levels and costs
- Using such relationship(s) to expand services to additional locations (TBD)
- Accommodating ad-hoc shipping and inventory management task as needed
- Management of invoicing/licenses requirements based on country
- Manage supply chain activities ensuring that all regulations are adhered to and that our customers receive timely and efficient service
You need to have:
- (Logistics) degree desirable ; specialization in Transportation/Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management a plus
- Previous transportation/logistics background with a freight forwarder, carrier or shipper with European exposure
- Proven customer service and relationship building
- Working knowledge of Incoterms, and customs and international trade regulations
- SAP or other major ERP system
- Transportation Management Software (TMS) or any similar systems
- Supply chain vendor management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office / Powerpoint applications
- Ability to manage large amount of data for operational and directional decisions
- Use of Dashboards and exporting of relevant insights to drive operational efficiency
- Fluency in English; multi-lingual (written and oral in German or French) a plus
- Data analytics / analysis working experience in Microsoft Office Programs (particularly Excel and MS Access).
We'd love to see:
- APICS, CSCMP, SixSigma, Lean or other relevant certification(s) a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.