Management Reporting & Analysis – Performance Reporting Analyst
Posted Jul 9, 2019 - Requisition No. 75999
Bloomberg is the leading global provider of financial data, news, and analytics. The BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL service and Bloomberg’s media services provide real-time and archived financial and market data, pricing, trading, news and communications tools in a single, integrated package to corporations, news organizations, financial and legal professionals and individuals around the world.
Bloomberg is looking for a qualified Performance Reporting Analyst with a solid understanding of the financial markets to join our Management Reporting & Analysis (MR&A) team in London to assist in executive-level reporting and other high-profile projects, spanning across all areas of the firm. The MR&A Team reports to the CFO and is a resource that works closely with management of the firm, internal groups, and businesses management, including product managers, engineering, COOs, and CFOs.
- Regularly report on business performance through completion of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for senior management. This includes travel briefings to senior leaders with key information about upcoming meetings across the globe
- Full management of business metrics and performance reporting process for all business plans across the company; This entails working with Business Leaders and CFOs across the firm to provide best practices and consultation upon the request to create new metrics, to operationalize the collection and maintenance of business metrics on a monthly basis to feed reporting dashboards, to validate calculations, to build reporting tools and dashboards
- Full product management of executive-level business performance functions, such as EXEC
, GHIT , UUDB , HCMG
- Provide semi-annual support to Business Unit Managers on employee performance evaluation process including analysis and valuation of individual metrics performance; This entails operationalizing processes around the collection and maintenance of employee metrics on a quarterly basis to feed reporting dashboards, such as METC
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS & BIG PICTURE THINKING:
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience in defining and executing processes and executing operational efficiencies
- Must be proactive, energized, and prepared to take ownership in a fast turnaround environment
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, strong problem-solving, quantitative and analytical skills
SELF SUFFICIENCY AND TEAM-FOCUSED DUALITY :
- Relationship-builder, who is solution-oriented, and has the ability to interact with individuals with various backgrounds and tenures, persuasively
- Ability to work both individually and to manage / lead team projects and team members often across divisions
- Exceptional knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Excel VBA and/or C#/VB.NET is a plus
- Experience in understanding key performance indicators and measuring outputs / operational results
FINANCIAL MARKETS SAVINESS:
- A solid understanding of the financial markets and the fundamental principles of economics and finance
- Previous experience in financial services, capital markets, or hedge fund as well as strong working knowledge of the Bloomberg terminal is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to structure presentations and draft firm-wide business communication
- Innovative, strategic, and creative thinker with the ability to visualize, gather information, analyze, articulate and solve complex problems
- Not afraid to voice opinions
PROVEN SUCCESS :
- Well-respected internal employee with a proven track record and strong internal relationships
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top-tier school
The ideal candidate will be: a detail-oriented project manager with experience in understanding key performance indicators and who possesses exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills; highly creative; proactive; self-motivated; solution-oriented; capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously and within strict deadlines; works independently as well as part of a team; possesses strong knowledge of financial markets; forward-looking thinker.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening date: 09.07.19
Closing date: 08.08.19
Salary: Competitive + Benefits