Managing Editor - London
Posted Feb 1, 2019 - Requisition No. 73438
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other events, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a step ahead of the markets.
We are seeking an experienced managing editor to lead our teams across EMEA. The editor will be managing a large, talented team of reporters and editors to break news, move markets and deliver memorable, surprising and ambitious stories that build on themes across multiple countries.
The ideal candidate will thrive under deadline pressure and have experience in juggling multiple breaking stories and a heavy news calendar. The managing editor will promote our work internally and externally across all of Bloomberg’s platforms.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be aware of the major news stories and trends within our coverage
- Assign and edit stories, as well as plan and assign story coverage
- React quickly to unexpected stories and help break news
- Lead the editorial process for the team
- Work closely with bureau chiefs and regional managers
- Attract and nurture top journalistic talent
- Contribute to a range of platforms
- Be a team player
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in business and finance journalism
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, breaking news environment and make sound news decisions quickly
- Ability to generate original story ideas and see them through
- Excellent editing skills and experience with features and story graphics
- Leadership experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening date: February 1st, 2019
Closing date: March 1st, 2019
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits