Managing Editor - EMEA Credit – London
Posted Jan 4, 2019 - Requisition No. 72760
We are seeking an experienced managing editor to lead our credit team and direct coverage across nearly 20 countries. The editor will be managing a large, talented team of reporters and editors to break news, move markets and deliver memorable, surprising and ambitious stories that build on themes across multiple countries.
The ideal candidate will thrive under deadline pressure and have experience in juggling multiple breaking stories and a heavy news calendar. The editor will promote our work internally and externally across all of Bloomberg’s platforms.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in business and finance journalism
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, breaking news environment and make sound news decisions quickly
- Ability to generate original story ideas and see them through
- Excellent editing skills and experience with features and story graphics
- Leadership experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening date: 4th January 2019
Closing date: 1st February 2019
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits