Markets Magazine - Features Editor
Posted Apr 20, 2021 - Requisition No. 90277
Bloomberg Markets, the bi-monthly magazine that serves clients of the Bloomberg Terminal, is seeking an experienced journalist to join our team as features editor, with responsibility for overseeing and editing long-form, narrative articles, pitching in on other parts of the magazine, and ensuring that content works well in print and online.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in crafting compelling long-form feature enterprise and will be able to work with a wide variety of reporters across teams and geographies to generate ideas and shape the reporting and story-telling. We are looking for someone with a gift for hooking readers into a narrative, a desire to innovate with different forms of story-telling, and an acute curiosity about markets, investing, economics, companies, policy and the people involved.
The magazine draws on the talent across the newsroom and is committed to the diversity of our contributors as well as subject matter. So the ideal candidate will be comfortable collaborating with and coaching reporters and editors from different regions and with different levels of experience in writing for magazines.
We are open to discussion on location for this role.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build a pipeline of feature stories and projects that fit the magazine’s themes, working closely with reporters and editors to ensure we’re on schedule for our bi-monthly print deadlines
- Coordinate with contributors, our photo director, graphics editor, and design director to make sure stories are visually rich
- Learn to edit confidently using Adobe InCopy’s K4 software for our print edition and the Wolf content management system for online publication.
- Propose innovative digital treatments for stories and data-visuals
You’ll need to have:
- A clear understanding of the Bloomberg Terminal audience
- A strong internal newsroom network and an interest in continuing expanding it
- Good time management/project management skills and a strong work ethic
- The ability to think ahead and conceive of stories that will have multi-month staying power
- A love of story-telling and a commitment to good writing
- An interest in and understanding of visual elements (photos, graphics, art) that can help tell a story
- A collaborative and encouraging manner that will ensure reporters and editors are eager to work with you again
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.