Master Control Room Operator
Posted Mar 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 102041
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
An opportunity has arisen to join the freelance pool of MCR operators at Bloomberg's hi-tech London broadcast facility. You'll enjoy being part of a busy team delivering live output on a global scale. Simultaneously working on guest setup, satellite bookings, feeds and live channel transmission. We will provide full training to the candidate who can display an aptitude for working in a cutting edge technical environment. Previous Master Control / TX experience is not essential but you'll need to demonstrate your desire to work in the fast paced technical world of live TV news.
We'll trust you to:
- Get involved in an innovative technical environment and help drive our use of new technologies.
- Be part of a team that works to have the highest quality of final output and global transmission.
- Work across multiple departments in the London operations including Master Control, TX and Studio.
- Work with producers globally on our live stream Twitter news network, QuickTake.
- Work with reporters and producers on live output and OB setup.
- Develop channel management skills including understanding and editing logs and manual
- Ensure content QC of a high level.
interventions to live channels.
You need to have:
- Experience within a technical TV environment.
- Demonstrable ability to work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines and pressure in a client-focused environment.
- An aptitude for technical understanding and problem solving.
- Flexibility over your working hours (role will involve nights and weekends).
- Knowledge of video standards, codecs and conversion.
- Knowledge and experience of LiveU, Pebble Beach & BNCS systems would be a bonus.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com