Media Data Analyst - London
Posted Jun 3, 2019 - Requisition No. 75379
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We're looking for a Data Analyst for our EMEA Media team, based in London. The ideal candidate is someone who can leverage statistics and computer programming to handle big and small data to build audience targeting models, perform a myriad of analyses and generate insights in support of the media ad sales team. Your findings will be critical to our business as it not only influences Bloomberg advertisers but our media sales team, Terminal teams and senior decisions makers across our properties.
We'll trust you to:
- Use big data querying techniques to prepare tables for our proprietary analytics platform
- Evaluate campaign performance
- Develop predictive models for audience targeting
- Perform statistical operations on various data sets to provide insights
- Use NLP software to analyse various corpuses such as a set of stories read by a particular audience
- Present the results of analytic efforts to a non-data savvy audience and consult on how best to use data to solve the business problems at hand
You'll need to be:
- A self-starting problem solver and critical thinker
- Adaptable to dynamic work environments
- Comfortable presenting data insights in an informal setting to people with a variety of data savviness
- Experienced with SQL
- Knowledgeable about the media industry
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of regression
- Media agency experience/background
- Familiarity with the media landscape
- Passion for media and marketing
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.