Media Events Sponsorship Sales
Posted Dec 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 98508
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg Live is the commercial events division of Bloomberg - and industry leading creator of dynamic news-driven events around the world. From intimate roundtables to multi-day festivals, Bloomberg Live brings virtual and in person events to life across critical topics in business, policy, economics, technology, sustainability, equality, luxury and more.
Bloomberg Live is looking for a London-based event sales professional to continue to grow Bloomberg Live’s commercial event dominance in the EMEA region. In collaboration with dedicated event and cross-platform sales professionals around the globe, this person will lead the full event sales cycle for a regional roster of clients - prospecting, outreach, opportunity presentation, follow-up, client counsel and renewal - in addition to serving as subject matter expert in cross-platform opportunities. This role is intended to be someone who embodies the consultative sales approach, building trust and deep relationships to grow existing business relationships while also driving new opportunities.
We’ll Trust You To
Lead the Full Event Sales Lifecycle:
- Drive new business through prospecting and direct outreach to potential clients
- Ask insightful questions questions of clients and stakeholders to understand their needs and objectives
- Communicate confidently the Bloomberg value proposition to drive consideration
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment the requires the ability to listen, assimilate information, enlist colleagues and deliver client requests in a timely manner
- Convey detailed information to event colleagues to ensure successful execution of event deliverables
- Serve as client consultant to ensure the white glove experience throughout the event execution
- Deliver renewal and expanded business opportunities to continue the growth of Bloomberg Live
You Need to
- Be inherently curious, and have a deep desire to learn more about client priorities and solving problems
- Possess a comfort with navigating ambiguity and entrepreneurial spirit to deliver the best possible options for our clients
- Embody the role of collaborator, knitting together various internal stakeholder groups to create great outcomes while advancing Bloomberg editorial objectives
- Leverage events to expand overall commitments across other areas of the business
- Balance both direct client relationships on event-specific sales, while also thriving working shared accounts/cross-platform opportunities
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Have three to five years experience in a event sales, marketing, advertising, or other related role
- Strong organizational, project management and collaboration skills
- Excellent presentation skills and high emotional quotient
- Solid to proficient skills using Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, Microsoft PowerPoint/Google Slides, Canva, Photoshop (or demonstrated willingness/ability to learn new tools quickly)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org