Posted Feb 13, 2024 - Requisition No. 123163
Bloomberg News is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic reporter to cover metals in London, home to the world’s biggest markets for both bullion and base metals.
You will join a team of reporters across EMEA and the Americas responsible for covering the biggest stories and companies in metals and mining -- from billion-dollar mergers to drama-filled market squeezes; connecting the dots on what’s driving prices from gold and silver to copper and zinc, while digging into the increasingly critical role that metals are playing in the global energy transition.
We’re looking for someone with a nose for scoops, a talent for developing a deep and diverse network of sources, and an interest in the inner workings of global commodity markets.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on the biggest names and developments in metal markets
- Write smart and engaging daily market reports, using your expertise and sourcing network to identify the most important moves and what – or who – is driving them
- Be a team player and collaborate closely with colleagues across the newsroom
- Deliver sophisticated analysis, ambitious features and multi-format stories on the key developments in metals and mining and what they mean for companies, industries and economies around the world
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of recent experience in financial journalism
- A track record of building sources and breaking news
- A keen interest in commodity markets
- The ability to write quickly and concisely under deadlines
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org