Mid-Level Software Engineer - Multi Asset Risk System (MARS) Team
Posted May 21, 2018 - Requisition No. 67174
On the MARS team, we embody the Bloomberg spirit. Our people and projects are dynamic, and we move at a fast pace. In the six years since our team was formed, we have grown tremendously and created a world-class product. We provide portfolio analytics to large financial institutions and internal clients. Our engineers are heavily involved in the design and development of the product to ensure our clients have access to industry leading data and insight. The team leads one of the largest computing systems in Bloomberg, and so we own the full development stack from the ground up.
Our platform provides risk calculations and analytics across various asset classes by applying distributed computing techniques that span hundreds of machines. In addition to expanding our main product offering, our main concern is performance which requires using different methods and technologies to achieve the optimal solution. We use big data software, distributed computing algorithms, dynamic resource allocations, and cluster management among others.
What's in it for you:
You will join a close-knit, and growing group of 120 engineers. You will dabble in a slew of technologies from big data to a wide variety of programming languages, and gain an understanding of the intricacies of crafting large scale distributed computation systems. Every single day you will continue to push your engineering skills to the next level.
We'll trust you to:
- Work directly with product owners to build products that our clients use to tackle complex problems
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development and delivery to production
- Develop in all levels of a web application stack, from the client to server side
You'll need to have:
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Physics, or other related field
- Commercial experience in a Software Engineering role covering the full development life-cycle
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data structures, object oriented design and systems/applications programming
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills especially those involving numbers and math
We'd love to see:
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Strong code review skills
- Experience in Python/Linux
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.