The Bloomberg Marketing Studio:
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg’s in-house marketing and design group. Working on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Bloomberg Marketing Studio has editorial, digital, design, production and project management capabilities. The Bloomberg Marketing Studio handles projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally.
We are looking for a versatile graphic designer to join our team on a contract basis.
The designer will be responsible for the accuracy, quality, and development of final production and creative files for print and digital deliverables. The designer must be able to effectively manage multiple active projects to meet tight deadlines and be able to implement revisions quickly and accurately.
We'll trust you to:
- Efficiently execute a high volume of projects in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Have the detailed understanding and technical expertise to assure quality through every stage of a project (i.e. spell-check, file prep, asset optimization, consistency, quality control, vendor management, and final output).
- Have previous experience with creating print ads, sales collateral (sell sheets, brochures, white papers, web banners), e-vites, event collateral (signage, agendas, menu cards, invites, Powerpoint presentations, premium mockups, booth graphics), client presentations, OOH/large format printing, premiums, story boards, annual reports, publishing, typesetting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills through email and in person.
- Be able to follow creative instructions accurately and efficiently.
- Have the confidence to translate different styles of feedback into effective design solutions.
- Have the ability to hunt for new solutions, methods, and materials.
- Work in line with campaign style guides across different formats while preserving creative continuity.
- Maintain and follow consistent server organization and file naming conventions of existing structure and process.
- Work on both PC and Mac platforms; design will be on the Mac.
You need to have:
- Prior in-house creative services or agency experience is essential.
- Work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Exercises a level of eagerness, curiosity, and is calm under pressure
- Expert knowledge of print production and digital prepress processes
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and word press.
- Digital design experience. Experience with Wordpress and HTML5 is preferred.
- Experience with AfterEffects is desirable.
- Obsessed with typography and creative problem-solving.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within a short time frame.
- Ability to review own work for quality control against client’s request.
- Ability to receive and implement art direction through layout revisions.
- Keeps current with design and production trends.
- The ability to work within and expand upon a dynamic and defined visual/brand system.
- Experience in photographic selection, cropping and minor retouching is essential.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to do focused, high-quality work under pressure.
- Must have strong knowledge of print and digital production process.
We’d love to see:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in production and graphic design*
- BFA/BS degree required, preferably an art/design degree with a focus in marketing, graphic design, visual, fine or commercial arts, or related field.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
When submitting your application, please make sure to include your updated CV and portfolio (including: recent branding projects, typography work and any relevant digital work). Written recommendation letters or client feedback is desirable.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.