Monitors Business Manager
Posted May 21, 2019 - Requisition No. 75216
We are looking for a creative, visionary, hands-on Product Manager to join our Foundational Applications team in London to lead the design and development of Bloomberg's quote monitoring analytical tools. The Product Manager will help re-design, develop and implement the overall vision and strategy for the Bloomberg monitoring functions and will be instrumental in business planning for the product.
The security worksheet is the central application used by financial market participants. These Excel-like grids are the primary surveillance tool to quickly consume and understand the vast amounts of critical real-time information created every day. Bloomberg's Security Monitor is a mission critical tool which is hit millions of times each day across all asset classes. Given its central position for market monitoring it is the starting point for idea generation and workflow. Bloomberg's goal is to develop its Security Monitor application to highlight critical events provide the flexibility required to meet every user's need on the Bloomberg Professional Terminal.
As a Product Manager, you will bridge technical and business worlds as you oversee the full product life cycle to deliver creative solutions that optimize workflow to meet the demands of real-time data monitoring and analysis. You will partner with creative and prolific engineers as well as leading a matrix of teams such as Sales, Support, Marketing and Finance.
- Articulate, develop and implement the overall vision and strategy for the Bloomberg Security Monitors product
- Develop innovative and intuitive product designs while working on a daily basis with Bloomberg's R&D department to drive and oversee the development of our product offering
- Prioritize development initiatives and manage the flow of in-bound product development requests
- Work closely with other product managers to ensure that development and strategy initiatives align
- Oversee user interface design
- Support sales, support and marketing efforts,
- Collect client feedback, and funneling reconnaissance directly into the development process to define the direction of the product
- This role interacts with multiple business areas and requires strong communication and time management/prioritization skills as well as a confident, team playing, client focused individual.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Product and business management experience identifying a strategic direction for the business unit; a visionary with ideas and deep market insight to engage clients
- Strong financial market knowledge across asset classes and industry contacts
- Exemplary organizational, presentation and communication skills to communicate effectively with management, sales and large customer base
- Successful candidate must be willing to travel (4-8 weeks/yr).
- Expert Excel skills or basic development skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Open Date - 22nd May 2019
Close Date - 21st June 2019