Mortgages Data Analyst
Posted Aug 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 106589
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Structured Products market makes up over $11 trillion of global public and private bond market debt. Banks use financial engineering to transform a variety of assets, such as residential and commercial mortgages, auto and student loans, and credit card debt, into securities that are structured to meet nearly any investor appetite.
What's the Role?
The Mortgage Team is looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for the structured product markets and data management. The Mortgage Data Analyst will be responsible for the addition of new data to our datasets through engagement with trustees, lead managers and other parties involved in the issuance of new deals across different asset sectors, while also having an understanding of cashflow analytics and how to maintain these on a periodic basis. Furthermore the analyst will develop bespoke schemas to automate periodic factor, coupon, and collateral performance data extraction using cutting edge technology such as python, regex and SQLite. They also work closely with our engineering teams and product teams to expand cashflow and data coverage. As part of our team, your input on technology will be crucial to the development and growth of our product.
We’ll trust you to:
- Process large Mortgage datasets efficiently
- Resolve data quality tests for monthly remittance report ingestion
- Develop subject matter expertise and derive powerful intelligence within the Structured Products space
- Maintain a portfolio of periodic cashflow projection updates in a timely and accurate manner
- Develop and maintain bespoke data extractors to automate periodic bond payment and collateral data collection using cutting edge technology such as python, regex and SQLite
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Collaborate with our Engineers to design and implement internal system tools, data test validations, automated product reports, and workflows
- Ensure consistency, quality and timely product delivery while providing excellent service to internal and external customers
You’ll need to have:
- Educational Background in STEM fields or Finance with very strong technical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office tools
- Experience in a relevant Fixed Income focused field
- Strong understanding of structured products and the underlying mathematics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly for client management.
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge or experience in Structured Products, such as RMBS, ABS, CMBS, and/or CLO
- Experience training and mentoring others
- Proficiency in Python, Git, UNIX and SQL
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org