Motion Graphic Artist
Posted Jul 26, 2023 - Requisition No. 117859
We are looking for a motion graphic artist to join Bloomberg Media’s newsroom on the Multimedia Desk in London. This team is represented in the global newsroom with colleagues in Hong Kong and New York. This team works alongside the Global Newsdesk and TV Assignment Desk on assignments and deliverables. This role would be responsible for designing and producing high-quality motion graphic elements that will be used in both live or pre-produced elements for all platforms including broadcast, digital and social media platforms. Most assignments are under a tight deadline and would be prepared in a fast turn model for breaking news or quick timeline for produced packages.
We'll trust you to:
- Design and produce graphic elements that include:
- Have a passion for visual storytelling with strong conceptual and creative thinking skills.
- Understanding and excitement for financial news, politics and general news
- Understanding of video and animation production workflows
- Ensure design standards and brand guidelines are followed
- Be organized and follow best practices for media storage and project organization.
- Handle breaking news workflows in a quick, concise and accurate timeline. It’s a main part of the business for cross-platform news.
- Work well under pressure and be able to pivot and react as news events evolve.
- Have the ability to take a project from concept to completion while working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Successfully be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Be proactive - pitch ideas, be creative, bring your expertise to the table and elevate our content
- Be precise in sourcing content and creating elements for your work. Using our large internal library of video and images as well as external resources.
- Be on top of industry trends in video and animation throughout digital media
- Deliver your content to multiple destinations, be familiar with various digital platforms and metadata requirements that are crucial for digital success
- Be flexible with working hours to accommodate global production schedules and news events. This includes possible work on weekends and holidays.
- Be highly motivated, accurate and detail oriented in your work
- Have strong communication skills and collaborate across the newsroom with producers, assignment desk editors, journalists and other content creators.
- Work with various programs throughout your shift including the Bloomberg Terminal, editing and design software, newsroom programs and distribution tools
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of newsroom experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Expertise in design, typography, motion graphics
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)