Multi-Asset Index Change Management Analyst
Posted Dec 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 112560
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services! This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products.
Our beta/benchmark platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) is a top tier provider of fixed income, inflation-liked, and swaps indices offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of customized client solutions for benchmarking and informational needs. We offer an innovative perspective on the traditional world of indexing, providing independent and unbiased indices that are broadly available. With expertise in capital markets, technology, data, pricing, analytics, distribution and research, our indices provide the global investment community with comprehensive solutions to fulfil their benchmarking needs across Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Cross-Asset, Crypto, Index-Linked and ESG. The BISL platform also includes a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to out-performance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access.
What's the role?
You'll be joining a highly motivated and successful Multi-Asset Index team that sits within Data. Our Multi-Asset Change Management Analysts work to mitigate operational and regulatory risks, all while streamlining operational workflow for our Multi-Asset Index business comprising of Bloomberg’s Equity, Commodity, Currency, Strategy and Alternatives Indices. This role is responsible for prioritizing and managing projects and key deliverables collaborating with the Bloomberg Index Operations team, Product Managers, and Engineering.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop detailed project plans outlining goals and objectives, scope, requirements, success criteria, timelines, as well as test and release plans
- Proactively communicate project progress, risks, and challenges and level-set expectations to project resources and partners
- Coordinate and lead discussions providing direction on priorities aligned with strategic business objectives
- Evolve project management framework to improve future planning and execution
- Work closely with the Index Product team and Engineering team, to develop workflows, quality assurance processes and product improvements
- Identify and communicate the key points of information to partners and stakeholders in a timely and concise manner
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience with Project Management and or Multi-Asset index experience.
- A strong academic background in one of analytical and technical degrees including, but not limited to: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Statistics
- Experience with managing and building out workflow tools, data manipulation, ETL, data analysis, data quality and data science tools. E.g., SQL, QlikSense, Python, Excel, etc.
- Proven commitment to enhancing and developing products / processes
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas along with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with Engineering, Data, Sales, Product and Support
We’d love to see:
- A Master’s Degree and/or MBA, CFA charter
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience building/ maintaining indexes and validation models
- Eagerness to learn and work in a challenging, dynamic, high-pressure environment
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org