The Studio is Bloomberg's in-house creative group. We work on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects. The Studio has outstanding web, writing, design, production and content capabilities. Our creative team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both campaign concept development and design systems. The team ensures ideas are realized to world class standard execution. The Studio drives projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, rolling out campaigns both internally and externally. The team works across a global workflow, with staff in all our major offices.
What’s the role?
The Studio within Bloomberg’s marketing organization is looking for a versatile multimedia producer that exhibits superb problem solving, design, and production skills to tackle day-to-day assignments.
The role is responsible for the accuracy, quality, and development of final creative files for a range of digital and print deliverables. The multimedia producer must be able to effectively manage multiple active projects to meet tight deadlines and be able to implement revisions quickly and accurately.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design online and offline media including web, social and digital advertising, event experiences, and printed materials
- Be digital native and conversant with online design trends and best practices
- Build and conform to design guidelines
- Efficiently execute a high volume of projects from start to finish in a fast-paced environment
- Be forward-thinking in your approach that raises concerns and proposes solutions when taking on assignments
- Work in line with campaign style guides across different formats while preserving creative continuity
- Accurately make client and proofreader editorial revisions from annotated PDFs; raise concerns when need
You’ll need to be able to:
- Work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment, “do-it-all” attitude with ability to take on both large and small tasks
- Apply design skills to digital and web-based content marketing platforms, such as Turtl, Wordpress and Ventuz
- Liaise with internal clients to clarify requirements and present design options
- Keep current with digital design, social platforms and production trends
- Mock-up concepts for presentation, both digitally and physically
- Show an expert knowledge of digital and print production prepress processes
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate experience in Sketch, Sketch Up, Wordpress or other CMS
- Focus on typography and creative problem-solving
- Review own work for quality control against client’s request
- Receive and implement art direction through layout revisions
- Work within and expand upon a dynamic and defined visual/brand system
- Demonstrate experience in photographic selection, cropping and minor retouching is essential
- Demonstrate strong printing/prepress skills with the ability to create and review file image quality, color space accuracy and proper mechanical set up prior to releasing for final printing
- Maintain and follow consistent server organization and file naming conventions of existing structure and process
- Work on both PC and Mac platforms; design will be on the Mac
- Demonstrate a strong track record both as an individual contributor and as a key member of a team
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Work in a high-volume and fast-paced environment
- Manage your own project schedules and job ownership to meet deadlines
We’d love to see:
- 5+ years’ experience in production and design
- Experience working within Workfront
- B2B experience
- Knowledge of institutional financial services
- Prior in-house creative services, studio, non-profit, museum, educational experience preferred
- BFA/BS degree required, preferably an art/design degree with a focus in marketing, digital design, visual, fine or commercial arts, or related field
Opening Date: December 7th 2017
Closing Date: January 4th 2018
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
If that sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.