Multiskilled TX Operator - London (Freelance)
Posted Jun 26, 2019 - Requisition No. 75778
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our freelance pool of multi-skilled operators at Bloomberg's new hi-tech broadcast facility and European Headquarters in London.
You'll work across multiple departments in the London TV Operations team delivering Bloomberg's live output on a global scale, simultaneously working on remote guest setup, satellite bookings, feeds and live channel transmission.
Bloomberg is looking for an individual who is focused, flexible, and proficient within a 24 hour live news environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Get involved in an innovative technical environment and help drive our use of new technologies to provide a better and more efficient product
- Be part of a team that works to have the highest quality of final output and global transmission, spotting faults and resolving them before transmission
- Work with talent and producers on a successful output and OB setup
- Coordinate and manage inbound and outbound live feeds and transmissions globally
- Develop channel management skills including understanding and editing logs including manual interventions to live channels
- Ensure content QC of a high level, understanding the video standards and typical video faults
- Provide a high level of organisational skills, planning ahead and completing internal admin to a high standard
You need to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or experience within a technical environment
- Demonstrable ability to work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines and pressure in a client-focused environment
- An aptitude for technical understanding and problem solving in a live environment before faults go to air on our transmission
- Flexibility over your working hours (role will involve nights, weekends & 12 hour shifts)
- Knowledge of video standards, codecs and conversions (I.e. NTSC>PAL)
- Knowledge of video and audio delay and latency issues, focused around a global infrastructure setup, understanding of this will need to be demonstrated
- Knowledge and experience of LiveU, Aviwest, Pebble Beach, RTS, SMPTE, IP Codec Streaming & BNCS systems would be a bonus, but not essential
'We work hard, and we work fast, while maintaining the quality and accuracy we’re known for. We bring out the best in each other, always inventing and reinventing. You can do amazing work here. Our career development opportunities will give you every resource you need to reach your full potential but it’s up to you to make it happen.'
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.