Net Zero Data Specialist
Posted Apr 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 102519
At Bloomberg, we are committed to fighting the battle against climate change. That’s why we’re taking action, using our expertise in data – and decades of experience leading from the front – to tackle climate change from every angle. Climate change is changing the way market participants allocate capital, and the ability for businesses and investors to understand their climate related impacts, risks, and mitigation pathways is crucial.
Our offerings are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a team, we are responsible for the development of Net Zero Transition focused data solutions for Bloomberg, and work across key climate initiatives including the GFANZ initiative. GFANZ is a coalition of leading financial institutions committed to accelerating the decarbonization of the global economy. Members currently include over 450 financial firms responsible for assets in excess of $130 trillion across 45 countries. GFANZ is focused on broadening, deepening and raising net-zero ambitions across the financial system and demonstrating firms’ collective commitments to supporting companies and countries to achieve the goals set at COP26.
As part of the Net Zero Data Team you will have an enormous impact on supporting the global financial sector’s work to stop climate change and ensuring that financing and capital allocation decisions occur in ways that enable the world to reach net zero by 2050 in line with the objectives of the Paris Agreement.
We'll trust you to:
- Support large and complex data projects related to Climate datasets, with a particular focus on industry and company specific emissions reduction targets and decarbonization pathways
- Apply subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Support our deliverables and navigate across internal and external partner groups
- Develop a presence in the industry through networking and attending conferences and events.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience working within the climate science, climate finance or climate policy space
- Familiarity with emissions reduction target setting and climate-related disclosure frameworks such as SBTI and TCFD
- A collaborative approach and exceptional relationship building and communication skills – both written and verbal
We'd love to see:
- Degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability, Economics, Public Policy, Engineering, Mathematics, MBA, or related field preferred/CFA or CAIA designation
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and demonstrated applied data analysis skills, with proficiency using Excel as well as experience with SQL or Python
- Ability to read/write in a language other than English
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org